Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Just wondering if someone have the same problem on their 2004 sportsman 400.

When driving it with AWD off, the AWD indicator turns on for a few seconds sporadically. I also find that it seems to be a litte harder to turn to the right side and it seems to have a high pitch sounds coming from the left front wheel.

A friend of mine think the AWD on one side might not be disengaging. I found a lot of information on AWD not engaging but not the opposite.

Thank you very for your help!

·
Registered
82 Posts
My 2002 Sportsman 500Ho does this when I run the AWD and then turn it off. It is like it runs on the left side but right side disengages. I started a thread about it. I found that driving it and see sawing handle bars back and forth helps. One guy said to drive it in reverse.

·
Registered
676 Posts
when that happens its time to change the fluid in the front diff... mine use to do the same exact thing..when off and in neutral its hard to push correct because it still engaged so I change my fluid every 100 hrs and it doesn't do it anymore change your fluid and should be fine its cheaper to change then to open it up and see if there is anything broke if the fluid change doesn't do it then you have a roller problem or something else good luck let us know it the fluid change helps..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts