Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put in a qsc clutch kit for 28s and I have 28” mega mayhems. I really can’t tell any difference and if anything my low end and over all acceleration might actually be worse, is it possible I did something wrong or am I just expecting too much out of it. If someone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,469 Posts
So what doesn't feel any better???? The difference between stock clutching/OEM wheels vs. QSC clutching/28's?????

What shim combo are you using???

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what doesn't feel any better???? The difference between stock clutching/OEM wheels vs. QSC clutching/28's?????
What shim combo are you using???
the qsc clutching with 28s doesn’t feel any better than stock with 28s, I’ve tried every combination of shims that it it came with which from my understanding only changes the engagement rpm and nothing else

·
Premium Member
9,469 Posts
Where did you purchase the kit?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I went with the QSC Clutch kit on my son’s 2017 450ho and it was an amazing difference. We had put on 27” Kenda Bear Claws and had lost all the bottom end coming off the stock 24” tires. The difference was literally night and day.

Maybe you didn’t clock the secondary correctly?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went with the QSC Clutch kit on my son’s 2017 450ho and it was an amazing difference. We had put on 27” Kenda Bear Claws and had lost all the bottom end coming off the stock 24” tires. The difference was literally night and day.

Maybe you didn’t clock the secondary correctly?
When I first put it in I did actually turn the secondary the wrong direction, but I took it out and fixed it, I wonder if that could have messed up the spring though I left it in for a day like that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts