Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 16 sportsman 450 ho, my question is the rad fan is located behind the rad and i assume it pulls air through the rad correct?

i have low speed overheating issues and i was thinking of adding a secondary fan in front of the rad to pull more air through. I run long periods of time under 5 mph while pulling a mower which is the cause of the overheating.

when running normal i have zero issues overheating.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just noticed a similar issue yesterday with my 500 ho. So I cleaned my radiator. Checked to make sure I had coolant flowing everywhere it should be. Checked to see if I had bubbles in the coolant where the radiator cap comes off to check for blown headgasket. I cleaned the connections for the fan heat sensor, and made sure my fluid was topped off. I made sure the fan turns on. Now this happened when I was idling loading firewood. After I did all the above I ran it for about 45inutes cruising around with no issues. My next step was to inspect the water pump and thermostat if it keeps happening

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just noticed a similar issue yesterday with my 500 ho. So I cleaned my radiator. Checked to make sure I had coolant flowing everywhere it should be. Checked to see if I had bubbles in the coolant where the radiator cap comes off to check for blown headgasket. I cleaned the connections for the fan heat sensor, and made sure my fluid was topped off. I made sure the fan turns on. Now this happened when I was idling loading firewood. After I did all the above I ran it for about 45inutes cruising around with no issues. My next step was to inspect the water pump and thermostat if it keeps happening

·
Registered
6 Posts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts