Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 18 model SP 450 with stock 24x8-12 fronts and 24x10-12 rear. I've found a set of RZR take offs that are 27x9x12.
Would these fit without needing spacers? Or would they not even fit?

Thanks fellas. Much appreciated in advance.
Todd

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
You'll need spacers. 1.5" would do it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I believe 2011-2013 sportsman 500 like mine share the same body and suspension. I did the same thing and got a set of RZR wheels and tires for dirt cheap and they were basically brand new.

They mounted up perfectly fine with out spacers but the front strut-to-tire clearance was very close... probably 1/2” clearance or less. I eventually put on 1.5” spacers on all four corners and now there’s definitely no clearance issues.

Also you will need tapered lug nuts specifically designed for alloy wheels, you can not use the factory lug nuts, absolutely will not work. I purchase set of from the Polaris dealership. Just ask for 16 tapered lug nuts for alloy wheels.

Hope that helped

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perfect! Exactly what I'm looking to do... really like the look of your ride with the wheel/tire upgrade. Are those factory fender extenders? Really nice.
Todd

·
Registered
16 Posts
Perfect! Exactly what I'm looking to do... really like the look of your ride with the wheel/tire upgrade. Are those factory fender extenders? Really nice.
Todd
Thanks, glad I could help. The fender flares are made from “Direction 2”. Found them on EBay for $125 shipped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One more question for you. How did you get the RZR wheel center caps to go over the factory plastic center cap cover. It's like 1/4 inch too long and the RZR center caps just will not snap in.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
One more question for you. How did you get the RZR wheel center caps to go over the factory plastic center cap cover. It's like 1/4 inch too long and the RZR center caps just will not snap in.

Thanks.
Take the OEM center caps off.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Thanks.

Thanks.
Take the OEM center caps off.
2nd that, just remove the OEM caps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts