Polaris ATV Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Will I do any further damage by using my quad with the awd permanently engaged if there are no irregular noises or actions occuring when in opporation? Currnetly do not have the time or money to start ripping the front end apart. Will be using it to travel on the lake for ice fishing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also wanted to say that I have a friend whos is a technician at John Deere and can get me discounted parts so at least I have that going for me if new parts are needed.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
it's possible you could. do the front wheels always pull or only when your rear slips? what year/model is your machine?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Always pull no clunking or popping in and out of awd, even with the switch off and w or w/o rear wheels slipping. I know it's hard to say but would you lean to machanical problem or electircal?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
If it comes in and out of awd I would think you could damage it. Mine will engage awd very violently when the wheels spin at about 10mph. That can definately cause damage, which is why I am trying to fix it before riding it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
fixed it!!!! It was a bad armature, $19 at John Deere. after looking at the old armature there was some uneven wear marks on the plate but nothing major but it seems to working perfect. special thanks to cookies and everyone else for the help.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Finally!

fixed it!!!! It was a bad armature, $19 at John Deere. after looking at the old armature there was some uneven wear marks on the plate but nothing major but it seems to working perfect. special thanks to cookies and everyone else for the help.

Glad to hear you got it working. What a pain in the ass, when it was just a $19 part that solved everything. again, glad everything worked out in the end and I hope this thread will help some others out experiencing the same thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
have real problems!!

hi new to this site and looking for help. just bought a 02 sportsman 500ho project and need some advice regarding it. the speedometer dont work, bike wont shut off with switch (but will with key), 4wd doesnt disengage, broken wire to front rt hub, yoke missing at differential to right hub, rear brake cylinder seized up. any advice where i can find cheap parts and good advice???

·
Registered
346 Posts
its alot better to just start your own thread for one. as for parts i like to use powersportswarehouse.com they are cheap i did however have someone tell me they had a part out of stock,never called and took like 2 weeks to ship but i never had that problem also alot of people use something like babbits i think it is. good luck!

61 - 75 of 75 Posts