Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 sportsman 500 H.O with less than 30 hrs and all i have done is a 2" lift and put 27" mudlites on it and i broke a rear axle and the front axles seem like they aren't long enough. Does anyone know if the axles from a 2012 sportsman 500 work on a 2013??

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
u can go to babbits and cross reference the part numbers. also, but dont qoute me, 400, 500, and 800's of the same years have the same axels. cant tell from ur post but r u trying to putting stock axels from a 2012 on ur bike? the reason i ask is there just going to break again. rhino axels seem to be a forum favorite for the axel upgrade. also again dont quote me cause im not lifted but to my knowledge the inside of the strut has to be ground down for a lift on ur bike. i c its ur first post so just trying to help out the best i can. good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help and i wanna put cobra axles on it but the newest they have on there website is 2012 i didnt know if those would work. and i have a spacer on the top strut in the front and rear

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
gotcha. but be certain to chk into the strut grinding because i'm ALMOST positive that if it isn't done correctly the axel boot will rub and ware away exposing the cv joint.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Call the companies and ask about the axles. I had to call gorilla to get them for mine as they dont list any for a 500 touring. Whenever you put a lift kit it increases the angle of the axles and the stock axles with bigger tires alone and no lift will break so with a lift kit and tires you increased the breaking chance a lot more. If you are going to continue with the lift I would recommend turner or gorilla axles as most likely the cobra or rhino axles will break again.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I think cobra axles are right there with gorilla certainly better than rhinos. Once you put bigger axles in you will have to grind out the strut housing so it clears the boots.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know the part # for the STI to fit front axles on 2013 Sportsman 500 HO?
I have found 2010 STI part # ATV-PO8326. Has anyone used it for 2013?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts