Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Sportsman 500 HO Deluxe with a dead battery. Does anyone have any tricks or tips to remove the battery. I think Houdini himself must have designed the battery placement. It looks like I have to take off the entire fender in order to gain enough room in order to remove the battery.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
yep

Ya,just pull the fender, its no big deal, if its got the quick clips just use a small screwdriver and pop the little black peg in the mid up and then pull the whole clip out. its easy and quick.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:fest30:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, I'm fairly to ATVs, I have a 2008 Sportsman 500, and love every minute on it. Primary use is in the desert in search of old mines and townsites etc.

·
11,302 Posts
I could be wrong...I was once back in '85...but I don't think you should have to remove the fenders to get the battery out. Should just have a plastic cover, a rubber hold down strap, and 2 screws on the battery cables.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I'm with you polman. Removing the rear fender to get the battery out would be like removing an axle to change a tire.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
619 Posts
My 06 450 you could disconnect cables,small bungie, and tilt enough to clear the left rear fender. Maybe yours is a different setup

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I just changed the battery in my 05 500HO camo, 1 strap and cover, 2 screws on the cables and removed the battery by tilting the top towards the tire and removing it, replacing it in the opposite way.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I put a new battery in our 2008 500 last night and I had to remove 3 of the push pins, 2 from footwell and 1 up by air box. Then you can gain just enough wiggle room if you push up on fender.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts