Polaris ATV Forum banner

Sportsman 500 jetting

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  lateburd 
#1 ·
Hello all. Recently purchased a 2010 sportsman 500. Guy said it wouldn’t run right above 5000 rpms. Got it fairly cheap. Anyway after pulling the carb off for the fourth time I realized it had a 175 main jet in the carb. Research shows that a is huge jet for a sportsman. Anyway after getting ticked off at it not running right I pulled the air box cover off and went for a ride. Damn thing ran like a wild ass ape. So my question is what is the stock jet size? Also thinking about a big gun exhaust. Will a jet this big work that exhaust?

#3 ·
Any jet will work with any exhaust - just need the right one for the exhaust that's installed. The 175 worked with the stock exhaust and the 155 will work with a Big Gun exhaust, but a 165 might work best - just have to ride and change until you find the best performance for the intake and exhaust set-up that the vehicle has installed on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.