Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am new here and to 4 wheeler in general. I have searched the forums and found nothing that has corrected the situation. Here it is.

I just bought a 2009 sportsman 500 used with 300 miles on it this summer. I ran it several times this summer with only one major problem. Once while going down a steep hill it stalled out and would not start until it was on flat ground. Probably gas level or something.

After my last trip a few weeks ago, I put it in the garage. When I tried to start it a few weeks later, it would chug but would not turn over like it did when coming down the steep hill this summer. I checked the forums and spoke with the local shop and I checked for pinched fuel lines and charged the battery. I changed the plug and nothing changed. So I pulled out the plug and looked at it as I tried to start it and there is no spark. I put it against the block and still no spark.

How can I check to see if the plug boot or wire is bad? Anything else I should check before taking it in for service? I have only had it a few months and I am concerned that this is going to cost big.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:drive:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts