Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got a sportsman 500 and it has been over heating on and off every now and then we have checked every thing and can't find any problems, come check out my you tube channel for a video of it over heating and us doing a quick trail side check and couldn't find anything wrong

Hubzatving - YouTube

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I'd try cleaning the radiator fins again, you may need some compressed air to go along with the garden hose.You need to get it clean enough to see light thru it.
The sound quality on that vid is not the best, but early in, it sounds like the fan is making noise, possibly not running fast enough to cool.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd try cleaning the radiator fins again, you may need some compressed air to go along with the garden hose.You need to get it clean enough to see light thru it.
The sound quality on that vid is not the best, but early in, it sounds like the fan is making noise, possibly not running fast enough to cool.

The bearing in the fan is bad which is causing the noise I don't know if that would affect it or not

·
Registered
164 Posts
I listened to video. And agree .the fan is probably not spinning fast enough. You should feel a very lot of air moving. Also. It didn't appear as it was that hot when he took rad cap off and stuck finger in coolant and didn't get burnt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts