Polaris ATV Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Its funny, as I am typing this Wheels in Fargo just contacted me and said they would knock off $200. Only took them 2 weeks. Those guys suck.
Guessing that's why the Fergus location didn't work out! :D

Kindred..... I looked at a 2003-2004 Polaris Sportsman 600 (Blue) for $3000, that was for sale over that way earlier this spring. Wasn't yours was it??

Your right after the wonderful tax and dest. fees it was $5,017
That's a Great OTD price.... if shopping for it.... Snag that one!!

HA yeah that could be

Maybe also what happened with U Motors of Fargo, they used to be HUGE. There were a # of people i know who had their fair share of complaints with them too. They put up that brand new building in Fergus Falls 5 or 6 years ago then it went belly up shortly afterwards. Nice building too, helped wire part of it (electrician). I think its still some sort of powersports facility tho, Can-Am maybe? U Motors has been circling the toilet for the last couple years. They put up another big new building in Fargo about the same time as the Fergus One and now that's sold and they operate out of a little building.

No it wasn't mine, the only ATV's ive sold on CL were a pair of old Honda Fourtrax. And I would not have sold either one of them to a fellow member. Not sure whose sportsman that would be...

Just so I can post something in regards to the O.P:
For a 500 sportsman from all the quotes I got from different dealerships (there were 4) the lowest was $5,308OTD and the highest would have been about $6,000OTD

HA yeah that could be

Maybe also what happened with U Motors of Fargo, they used to be HUGE. There were a # of people i know who had their fair share of complaints with them too. They put up that brand new building in Fergus Falls 5 or 6 years ago then it went belly up shortly afterwards. Nice building too, helped wire part of it (electrician). I think its still some sort of powersports facility tho, Can-Am maybe? U Motors has been circling the toilet for the last couple years. They put up another big new building in Fargo about the same time as the Fergus One and now that's sold and they operate out of a little building.
Yes, recently our (Fergus) power sports dealer purchased and moved into that facility Wheels built..... really nice facility!!! It's now "Frontier Power Sports". They deal Polaris & Artic Cat, Alumacraft Boat's & Bennington Pontoons.

OP.... When I quoted my 2012 800 I also quoted a 2012 500. With 60" Glacier 3 plow system, a popo # 2500 winch and front & rear rack extenders installed it was $6200 OTD. For the same accessories on the 800 it was $7200 OTD.

EDIT: Should also metion both of these had the year end clearance rebate deal.... the more recent 2013 400 quote of $5200 OTD for bare machine did not!!

Every state is different with titles and sales tax. It just amazes that we have states that still don't title ATV's which cost as much as some cars. It just opens the door for theft and it makes selling or buying an ATV out of state a nightmare.
No registration required here in GA, but I have the MSO signed over to me by the dealer. I had a couple of complicated motorcycle deals and the dealer simply reassigned the MSO.

My local dealership Bentleys Yahama/Polaris in Murrysville,pa lets 500 ho's go out the door for around 5300. $4799 before all the extra stuff!

2013 Polaris Sportsman 400 for 6,500 out the door with glacier 3 plow system, 52" Polaris plow, 2500 lb. Polaris winch,and lock and ride rear cargo box in Pa. with tax and title and registration, license plate. Also first scheduled maintenance at 25 hours included. Delivery & pickup included.

Best price I could find near my area. Could of got the 500 for 7,000, but would of had to wait for it to come in.

Most OTD pricing from dealers I received for 400 was: 6,500 to 7,000 with plow/winch setup.
Pricing for 500 was 7,000 to 7,500 with plow/winch setup.

It seems safe to say that BEFORE tax one can get into a 500 (machine only) for around $5300 on average. Give or take a couple hundred.

With all the rebates and incentives they have there should be no reason to pay over $5,500 for a 500 (just machine) before tax. They only have a msrp of $6,199 !!!!

I got a Sportsman 400 HO and a 500 HO, two LT2000 SuperWinch, two helmets and a Karavan tilting trailer for 11,970 before tax, title and licence... But including freight, handling, assembly and vehicle prep. The trailer was about $1100, so call it $10,900 for the two machines with winches and helmets... plus tax but with various fees included.

I seem to have misplaced the actual pricing break-down for the individual quads... All I have is the total bill of sale and that doesn't list individual prices. I'll need to go back and see about getting copies of those for my records.

Anyway, sound like I did alright? I picked them up last week.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.