Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2013 sportsman 500 and im always towing heavy loads. Recently (last 50 hours) it has been a straight hitch trailer that puts a lot of weight on the rear. The one trailer weighs about 500 the other weighs about 1000 and I often load them with logs the loads vary from an additional 1500-2500+lbs ontop of the trailer. All depends on type of wood size and how dry it is. My sportsman is hurting now the shocks go the whole way down with just me sitting on it and stay down. I have them on the stiffest setting. Will 800 700 600 or older 500 shocks bolt on? What will? what are good springs for it?

Thanks Brad

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Get some heavy duty ones from Hi Lifter or EPI. They seem to be much stiffer. Ranger Springs

·
Registered
862 Posts
Being that far over loaded i don't think you going to find a spring that will keep the back up normally. You can try hd springs but it will probably still put it all the way down. Is it possible to move the axle on the trailer to decrease the toung weight?

Keep an eye on your belt, 3500lb is over 2k over the rated towing capacity so look for over heating.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will the ranger springs fit? It never sinks it that far down ever they are just like blown out now. I have owned just about every big bore quad and quad in its size range as I buy and sell them and the 500 is by far the best for pulling anyday espically any Polaris. my old 500 was bought new had over 800 hours of work like that and the only thing ever replaced was a rear brake line. I never burnt a belt on any of the polariss I have owned I think a lot of people smoke the belt because they don't use low. this things always in low. im also running a stiffer primary spring and 26in zillas. I have tried to snap axles before pulling a farm implements with no luck. things beast. just need some springs for the rear now

·
Registered
862 Posts
Not sure about the ranger springs, but these are the ones for the quad. Adds another 100lb of spring rate, and they say they will hold up to fatigue better then stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts