Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 polaris sportsman 500 4x4. Turn switch on aand all lights come on and it will start, but if I turn the switch off it stillstays running and the all the lights go off, if I turn back on and use the kill switch all lights go off and it still stays running. With the switch on the maching acts like it is a little out of time, you have to ease the gas on and it doesn't have the right power, if you get up to a faster rmp sometimes it will backfire and shut off. But sometimes the key switch works, when that happens it has all it's power, but the problem is getting to be almost all the time

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:daz:

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Sportsman 500 wouldn’t shut off with the kill switch,the cooling fan didn’t work, and there were several other electrical issues. This all began over night. Very strange. I pulled the front cover to trace the wiring from the switches and found the beginning of a critter nest. Apparently some of the wires were in it’s way so it just chewed them in half. A large black wire that enables the kill switch to kill was one and the 4wd wires from the 4wd switch were the others. Once the nest was cleaned up and the wires reconnected, all seems to work fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts