Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there wiring diagram available for Sportsman 500?

I'm having some issues with the headlights and would like to get those fixed.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Dead link. There's an active service manual thread. Someone there should be able to help you find the correct manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thnx, I already have that diagram in black. I was hoping someone had it in color, my eyes aren't as good as they used to be.....

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
If you have the service manual PDF and a FedEx office nearby you can use the scale and print feature of Adobe Reader to print the 8.5x11(letter) page wiring diagrams on 11x17 (tabloid) sheets of paper or 12x18 (Architectural B) sheets.
You'll need to ask the counter staff to print on Arch B as the printers they let the public use are usually only capable of printing on Letter and Tabloid paper.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello Everyone,

My name is Rob, I hope that everyone is doing fine in these hard times of the VOLDEMORT spread over all of the Northern hemisphere.
I am new on this forum, I live in France, although I am a long time user of a Polaris 500 HO since I bought it new in 2005 (it will be 15 years soon). It is the 2004 version (I think the 50th anniversary).
Great ATV, had very few problems except now where it has been sitting outside for 5 years.
My problem is that I have no ingnition. The ingnition coil is dead, but I cannot manage to make it spark on another coil from a Yamaha 250 XT. I tried to figure out how everything was connected, but I am struggeling. The RPMs are readeable on the Speedo/tacho meter (reaching 400 rpms when I am cranking it)
This is a European version that has been modified by EgiMotors Italy in order to be in accordance with the French homologation (some sort of a DOT) from the US version in adding an Emergency Warning lights (where the ingnition key was located), adding an Alfa Romeo ingnition switch on the left hand side of the steering column and having bilinkers and tail lights on both sides in the back.
My question is if someone would heve a wiring diagram of this late 2004 version. The CDI has a 6 pin connector, which looks already different from the diagram above.

Hope that someone could help me out.

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
6 pin CDI was used on late 04 models - do you have 12v on the red wire at the CDI unit?

That CDI system was unique as the spark could be killed two ways; remove 12v from the red wire and spark is gone - also, grounding the black wire would kill spark

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks latebird. One says that the early bird catches the worm, but apparently not only lol.
Yes, the red wire has 12v. As of the black wire I'll check it out. I thing when I was looking around yesterday I found that the black was grounded, but I am not 100% sure. I'll get back with that info later on today.
Rob

1 - 20 of 37 Posts