Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I hope there is someone out there that can help me, although I do not wish this on anyone. I have a 06" Sportsman 500 x2 efi, with a gremlin in it. The quad will start if you let it sit a while but will only run for a minute or two then will die. All the electrical goes out, lights, lcd readout, everything. It will have no electrical at all, like if it has no battery in it. The battery is new and has full charge. Wait a while and it has electrical again, the longer I wait the longer it will run. Example: wait 5-10 minutes it might run 10-30 seconds, wait 30 minutes it will run about 2-3 minutes, wait 30 seconds after it dies, it will not even power up the lcd readout. When it dies the headlight does not get dim, instead it flickers along with the gauges then all dies at once. I have put in new battery, cleaned & tightened all grounds cleaned out kill switch on handlebar, cleaned connections on back of speedomter, removed ecu & cleaned connector, checked large grounds to engine block from frame and power wires from battery to solenoid and from solenoid to starter. the one thing it will do is crank over but not start with solenoid jumped even if all else is dead. I worked on this beast for hours today with no luck.
Any suggestions will be tried & appreciated. Thank You....

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
4 Posts
billnate is working on a 2005 atp with same issue

hi , i know its been awhile since your post,but i am with one now and have chased every wire replace ecm, lt handlebar switch and still have problems. if i figure this thing out ,i will let you know,possibly you have got yours fixed and share info with me please,thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts