Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this was posted before, but I know some people in other threads including myself have always been asking about how fast the 570 is. Well this a drag video between the 570 and a Suzuki Z400. It's interesting to say the least, but I do wonder how much racing in loose sand hampered the 2 wheel drive quad traction wise. Kind of a different camera angle, but it is what it is.

·
Registered
815 Posts
The 570 is just that quick. Flat sand, especially wet wouldn't hurt that Z really in the start. Sand actually should benefit it for being so light.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 570 is just that quick. Flat sand, especially wet wouldn't hurt that Z really in the start. Sand actually should benefit it for being so light.
Yea, true I didn't think about the weight in the sand. If that's a legit comparison that means a 570 isn't THAT much slower than a stock corked up 450. I usually had 5 quad lengths on stock 400 s by 4 th gear with my Yfz.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Good CVTs are quick. No acceleration loss from shifting, always in the powerband, it has advantages.

·
Registered
815 Posts
and as stated by one of the aftermarket clutch kit guys, the 570 has a very good clutch system in it already.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and as stated by one of the aftermarket clutch kit guys, the 570 has a very good clutch system in it already.
Yup, except the ones with engine braking. Dalton offers a kit for stock tires and bigger for quads with engine braking. The standard models are clutched fine stock unless larger, heavier tires are added.

·
Registered
64 Posts
This was the youtube video that sold me on the sportsman 570

·
Registered
33 Posts
Robooo,

Can you explain what you mean about the clutch in the 570 with engine braking? Is the clutch not good or is it not good if I were to add larger wheels & tires? I have the camo EPS with engine braking which is my first quad and I'm starting to think about upgrading wheels and tires, to 26 inch tires, not sure if I want or need to go 14 inch rim but I'm interested in ditching OEM rims for MSa elixir bronze. Can anyone recommend a rim and tire size for 570 since 570 doesn't seem to be an option on websites that offer package deals yet. Thanks

·
Registered
815 Posts
I should be headed to little Sahara in a few weeks with some 450's and z400's I'll take some video when we go. Should be fun.
Lucky! I'm going out in April. Let us know how the 570 tears up the sand.
Yup, except the ones with engine braking. Dalton offers a kit for stock tires and bigger for quads with engine braking. The standard models are clutched fine stock unless larger, heavier tires are added.
I too am curious about the ebs clutch not being as good. I thought it was just some bearing added or something.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I don't have the answers to why exactly, but obviously the ebs does something to the clutch which makes it not as efficient. That said I don't think it means the ebs models clutching is bad, just can be improved slightly. I guess we won't know how can be gained with a clutch kit until someone buys one and can report the gains. So I volunteer whitrapta to buy one and install it haha.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'll be the guineau pig lol. I ride almost every day. I would just hate to buy one an not notice a difference.

·
Registered
33 Posts
thanks Robooo...now I'm curious bout clutch efficiency since I want 26 inch tires. Whrapta what make and size you running on yours?

·
Registered
815 Posts
26 inch ripsaw tires with 14 inch rims.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Went wheeling with my friend over the weekend and raced my friends 400ex with exhaust and intake. We lined up on a flat dirt road. I took him off the line in AWD mode and gained a quad lenth or so on him then we where pretty close up to 50 mph with me winning by 1 to 2 quad lenghts i was impressed. it's faster then it feels! I can't wait to get an exhaust, intake, and programmer and see how she runs.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I should be headed to little Sahara in a few weeks with some 450's and z400's I'll take some video when we go. Should be fun.
I can tell you from first hand experience maybe just maybe a yzf450r or honda 450r could be beat with the right riding skills and if you get them off the line but a 450 with any lil bit of work verse a stock 570 is not going to happen. I had a honda 450r with just the hrc kit in it and I'll tell you right now that would beat my 570 any day.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can tell you from first hand experience maybe just maybe a yzf450r or honda 450r could be beat with the right riding skills and if you get them off the line but a 450 with any lil bit of work verse a stock 570 is not going to happen. I had a honda 450r with just the hrc kit in it and I'll tell you right now that would beat my 570 any day.
Yeah I don't think a 570 could touch even a stock 450 in a drag. They just make their power so abrupt and so fast, the 570 would get left in the dust. My old YFZ was scary fast, and it only had a pipe filter and rejet. I would how ever love to see a 570 with a pipe, open lid and a tuner. Also maybe a QSC clutch kit thrown in, I think you would have a very lively quad that is faster than most modded 400s and creeping up on say Raptor 660's and Predator 500's. That and it would be a hell of a lot of fun in the trails!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts