Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to buy a new atv real soon, im in a descison bewtween a can am 650 xt or a sportsman 570 eps. what will be the better buy?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Going to need a little more info to get a good answer here.

How do intend to ride/use it?? How old are you?? Have you ridden before and if so what did you ride? Is eps a deciding factor? Just some examples.

If I had to decide between those 2 not knowing anything else about you, I'd go with the outty.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
what are the deciding factors? power? Price? 4wd system? EPS? and the list goes on and on.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I would also go wtih the outty.

But you are comparing a $6000 atv to a $9000 atv.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I intend to use it for mudding and trail riding only, I'm 19, I ride a honda 420, and yes eps is something I want.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
if you are going to mud, The one knock on the outty is the visco lock 4wd, it takes a couple seconds for the 4th tire to lock in, on my buddies older one it sounded like a nasty gear grind when it did too. I think it has gotten better so maybe the newer ones are not like that, so for mudding I would go with the 570 based on 4 tires spinning right away and on price, but those 650's have some serious power for being a smaller CC (compared to 1000 or 850), my buddy's old 650 would crush my Popo 800 after like 20 mph..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Buddy of mine has a 650 xt and man is that thing powerful, anyone know how close the 570 is to the can am 650 power wise?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am glad to see this post. I am new to this. I was looking to buy three of the 570 EPS. I thought I was making a good decision. Then I saw online where Polaris gets a LOT of bad publicity. Bad customer service etc. Some make it sound like you will simply be fixing them from literally day 1.

Someone please make me feel better. Is this really the case?

·
Registered
815 Posts
can am is 62hp vs 44 on the 570. two vs one cylinder. Really you need to compare the 850 sportsman vs the 650 can am. Similar price but the sportsman or scrambler cranks 77hp. Plus they have that nice deep almost v twin rumble!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I intend to use it for mudding and trail riding only, I'm 19, I ride a honda 420, and yes eps is something I want.

Knowing this, I will stick to my original assessment and answer of "go with the outty." Given your age, you'll appreciate the more sporty nature that the outty has IMO. And in the mud, the extra ponies will help.

As mentioned, if you want to really compare the 650 to a Polaris, it should be an 850 XP.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
Agree. Outty 650. Is like night and day difference comparing to the 570.its hard to beat a Rotax. And as others have said you will appreciate the power in the mud.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
can am is 62hp vs 44 on the 570. two vs one cylinder. Really you need to compare the 850 sportsman vs the 650 can am. Similar price but the sportsman or scrambler cranks 77hp. Plus they have that nice deep almost v twin rumble!
This^^^^¶¶

The 850xpand can am are the more fair comparison for the price.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
as everyone else has said, you're not really comparing apples to apples. Just Sub 800CC models to eachother, but in reality there really isn't a comparison. Price and 4wd go to Polaris, but ride and power go to Canam.

to the guy worried about the 570. Do some research on the forum. There are far more happy customers on there than there are people that are unhappy. and 90% of the time the issues with customer servicer are with the dealership, not Polaris. Find a great dealer and you should be happy as a clam.

·
Premium Member
10,343 Posts
i agree the 570 doesnt sound like it will fit ur needs. and if u are considering buying a $9K machine it would be wise to look into an 850 before u pull the trigger.

·
Premium Member
10,343 Posts
I am glad to see this post. I am new to this. I was looking to buy three of the 570 EPS. I thought I was making a good decision. Then I saw online where Polaris gets a LOT of bad publicity. Bad customer service etc. Some make it sound like you will simply be fixing them from literally day 1.

Someone please make me feel better. Is this really the case?
on forums ur going to hear a lot about problems. the 570 is proving to be a very popular, capable, reliable, machine. in time it will b the atv with the highest sales per year.:cowboy:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think you're comparing apples to oranges, these machines are quite different. I could see comparing a canam 500 to a 570.

Anyways that being said I would say 570. Lol

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I think the search alone for a Can Am dealer in my area would probably lead me to a Polaris.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Polaris ride quality is much better than the can-ams. I have ridden both of several different models. No way a can-am rides as smooth as a polaris. Good power with the 650, but the ride sucked. The front diff on the can-am sucks too. Even on the new models. If your wide open in the mud it does ok. If your slow rock crawling it mostly never kicks into full awd.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Buy and 850 XP the 650 Can Am is a capable machine but way to over priced, you could buy a Polaris 850 for the same or less and if your still wanting a Can Am then at least spend the extra money for the 800 because at the end of the day your getting the best of no worlds with the 650 which is as I said an adequate machine but whose price leaves it in no mans land.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts