·
Registered
2015 Sportsman XP 1000 LE Touring
33 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Just did mine last night. The 3 yellow wires coming out the engine on the right footwell side, go under the engine and over the oil filter. It comes out the other side and attaches to the engine mount. Rubs through the thin cover and the wires on the two sides of the motor. I unplugged it, pulled the wires back to the right side of the motor, fixed the rubs, put some very thick shrink tubing the full length of the wires, wrapped the plug in a piece of rubber and remounted to the radiator hose for now. I think i will make an aluminum guard for that side to protect the radiator hoses and wiring from sticks jabbing up there. Didn’t take any pics of the progress, could post the finished product tomorrow though. I saw someone here mount the wires on the frame next to the radiator hose which i may put mine there after i design a guard for the area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking at upgrading to a newer machine and am wondering if there are any quirks or flaws with any years of the 570’s? What year did they start selling it? I am very familiar with the 97-05 sportsmans. Completely restored 3 and currently working on a ‘01 6x6. Only ridden/owned 500’s and a 335. Would go after an 800 or 850, but the newer 570’s come up regularly and are pretty affordable with only 1k miles or so. Have heard of some 570’s overheating, but not sure if it a year range or Why they overheat. Thanks.
I'm pretty new here but was about to post a question about this machine, bought a brand new 2020 570 EPS, and my brother got the 2020 570 wo EPS and we both notice some front end wobble/shimmy starting arou d 35 mph when riding asphalt, it's worse of road is rougher or decelerating. The EPS is a lot worse from dealer at 40 mph the shake is enough to be concerned about safety and /or wearing out parts.

We tried a lot of things like air pressure lower and changing tow in from about 3/4" toe in to about 1/4" toe out which seemed help the most but the shake on EPS is still concerning at higher speeds, and is sporadic, worse when decelerating or riding any road not paved in near new condition.

I've put 430 miles on it since purchase and brother put on 300 or so and this handlebar shake is our only concern at the moment.

The machine is pretty nice otherwise, and has plenty of power and speed possible I don't like revving out too much when breaking in but did let it pull to around 63 mph on a smooth road where wobble was minimal. My brothers wo the EPS wobble is almost gone after toe out his came from dealer w similar toe in.

The machine seemed start get a little snappier after a few hundred miles so that was nice. Oh we tried stiffening the suspension a little. I think the EPS having one extra connection gives steering system just a little bit of free play that non eps model doesn't have. That said I do like the EPS.

I hope others have solved the shake so I'd suggest before buying take road ride at over 40 mph on less than perfect road to see how much shake their is in front end, some may think my hands do the shake, I can let go of steer wheel and watch it wobble, lightly of course at lower speed.

Will post if I see any other concern. My favorite things, I do like the EBS now that I got used to it, and EPS is sweet too, engine strong, rides on trail very nice no wobble in trail riding at all. The blue, red background on instrument cluster is nice touch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone know the power comparison between a 450ho, 500, 500ho, and a 570? I have heard the 450ho pulls right along side with a 500. I have only ridden a 01 500. Currently looking at a 08 500ho efi Special edition and a ‘14 570 efi. Both have about a 1100 miles and are $4300 and $4600. For sale by the same person. Personally the 570 seems the no brainer unless i am missing something. Thanks
HP ratings are as follows
500 33HP
500H0 38 HP
450HO 33HP
570 44HP

·
Registered
2015 Sportsman XP 1000 LE Touring
33 Posts
I'm pretty new here but was about to post a question about this machine, bought a brand new 2020 570 EPS, and my brother got the 2020 570 wo EPS and we both notice some front end wobble/shimmy starting arou d 35 mph when riding asphalt, it's worse of road is rougher or decelerating. The EPS is a lot worse from dealer at 40 mph the shake is enough to be concerned about safety and /or wearing out parts.

We tried a lot of things like air pressure lower and changing tow in from about 3/4" toe in to about 1/4" toe out which seemed help the most but the shake on EPS is still concerning at higher speeds, and is sporadic, worse when decelerating or riding any road not paved in near new condition.

I've put 430 miles on it since purchase and brother put on 300 or so and this handlebar shake is our only concern at the moment.

The machine is pretty nice otherwise, and has plenty of power and speed possible I don't like revving out too much when breaking in but did let it pull to around 63 mph on a smooth road where wobble was minimal. My brothers wo the EPS wobble is almost gone after toe out his came from dealer w similar toe in.

The machine seemed start get a little snappier after a few hundred miles so that was nice. Oh we tried stiffening the suspension a little. I think the EPS having one extra connection gives steering system just a little bit of free play that non eps model doesn't have. That said I do like the EPS.

I hope others have solved the shake so I'd suggest before buying take road ride at over 40 mph on less than perfect road to see how much shake their is in front end, some may think my hands do the shake, I can let go of steer wheel and watch it wobble, lightly of course at lower speed.

Will post if I see any other concern. My favorite things, I do like the EBS now that I got used to it, and EPS is sweet too, engine strong, rides on trail very nice no wobble in trail riding at all. The blue, red background on instrument cluster is nice touch.
Have you had the tires off, are the (2) surfaces clean?
Take the tires to a shop and check the balance?
"Shakes" will lead to premature wear.

·
Registered
2001 Sportsman 500 HO DUSE, 2017 Sportsman 450 HO EFI EPS
5 Posts
Anyone know the power comparison between a 450ho, 500, 500ho, and a 570? I have heard the 450ho pulls right along side with a 500. I have only ridden a 01 500. Currently looking at a 08 500ho efi Special edition and a ‘14 570 efi. Both have about a 1100 miles and are $4300 and $4600. For sale by the same person. Personally the 570 seems the no brainer unless i am missing something. Thanks
FWIW, my '01 500 HO will easily pull away from my daughters '17 450 HO EFI EPS. Was playing around one day, had me and my 18yo son on my '01 and we pulled pretty easily away from her and her friend on the the 450. Running start around 10-15mph and we probably had an additional 100lbs on them. Can't imagine the 570 is slower, but never been on one.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts