Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

Has anyone had the same situation where the air filter got broke and eated by the engine? happened this weekend on my 2021 570 touring, engine started to blow white smoke, pulled over, then started to check things, removed the air filter box and air filter was being eated it had a hole the size of my hand on it, the cardbard element and the steel element where gone and into the engine, this caused a severe damage to the piston, rings, etc have not opened the engine yet, but the damage is there already.... it has only 205 hours clock, and 3500 kms the 200 hours service was programed to be done this week .....

Now im thinking to ask dealer for warranty as every single service has been done at the dealership , and this was casused by a faulty air filter i think...... any comments ?

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
12,881 Posts
MICE

·
Premium Member
12,881 Posts
MICE

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Before posting here I would have been on the phone with your dealer ......
I have notfied the dealer, but as many may know they dont want to take care of the problem under warranty, they want to blame me, and also theyre saying the machine warranty expired at 100hrs the machine has 205 hrs on clock, but this is a warranty of the air filter itself, as the engine was fine until the airfilter got broke and into the engine..

·
Premium Member
04 Sportsman 700, 04 Scrambler 500, 04 trail touring 550 sled
1,346 Posts
Ensure there’s no damage, and get a uni foam filter!

Reactions: rainmanx

·
Premium Member
12,881 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,881 Posts
I'd like to see the receipts and see how many times the dealer changed the air filter on said dealer services preformed.... By reading into his post he saying it's the OEM filter so it's probably the one that came with the bike brand new and has never been changed. Then the mice found it tasteful and useful as a home nest.

Every time you see one of these posts it just amazes me how nobody ever checks their air filter until it is totally collapsed and eaten from a rodent you got to wonder how many times they actually check their engine oil?

·
Premium Member
12,881 Posts
I'd like to see the receipts and see how many times the dealer changed the air filter on said dealer services preformed.... By reading into his post he saying it's the OEM filter so it's probably the one that came with the bike brand new and has never been changed. Then the mice found it tasteful and useful as a home nest.

Every time you see one of these posts it just amazes me how nobody ever checks their air filter until it is totally collapsed and eaten from a rodent you got to wonder how many times they actually check their engine oil?
I'll answer my own question, they check their engine oil AFTER the engine locks up!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts