Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this topic had been beat to death but I haven't found a real solid answer. I don't care to spend the dough on the ps4 5w50 if its the best for my 570 but I've read where it sheers down to a 30 weight fairly easy.. So would I be safe with the mobil 1 0w40 that's everybody brags about or rotella t6, I'm also entertaining the thought of castrol edge 5w50 over the ps4. I live in southern ky so the summers are humid in the mid 80s-90s and I don't ride when it's under 15 in the winter lol

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
0W40 will work just fine. Most quality 50 weight oils shear to a 40 anyway so your good. Rotella is a great oil as well. I prefer the
Thinnest possible viscosity for start up so I go with the 0W but a 5W will also work.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
A 0W or 5W at start up is best. I have the 10W50HD POPO oil in my 570 because the dealer gave me 2 bottles for free. At 30 degrees it doesn't turn over as fast as the 0 or 5 weight oil but it still starts fine. I have 2 bottles of the Castrol 5W50 in my shop and I might use it next oil change on the 570. Castol also has a 0W40 now. You can get Mobile 1 0W40 at Wal Mart along with all the others I have mentioned and save some bucks. You can also get the Pure 14610 or 14612 oil filter there also. Either one will work.

Ronnie

·
Registered
426 Posts
I've got the Castrol 5W-50 in my Scrambler right now, it seems to work well. Next oil change I'm going to try Rotella T6 0W-40. Mobil 1 0W-40 is great as well. Amsoil's 0W-40 Powersports oil is great stuff too. It's more expensive than other brands, but no more than PS-4.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts