Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm originally a can am guy but rode a few polaris and I am stuck In a dilemma between the outty 500 and sportsman 570 I mostly ride trails snow and rarely mud. Key things for me are reliability, power, and comfort. Also if anyone reading this has one can you please tell me the goods and bads of the 570. Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
If it was the XT model can am, I would take the canned ham.

But an 500XT is alot more money than a 570.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Price goes to the 570, but the Outlander has more hp and should be faster. The 570 might have a tad more torque though.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Both made in Mexico. Can am is built with higher quality parts holds value better. Polaris rides better but is cheaper. Polaris is 44hp and Can Am is 46hp but the vtwin is a torque monster with an amazing exhaust note

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Base can am outty 500 is 2000$ more than a base 570. And u can only get the can am in viper red and around here it is hard to find a base 500 seems like they are an xt at minimum. And without out opting for the power assist steering you are stuck with the old version visco lock.

·
Registered
944 Posts
The CA has engine braking standard. It's also probably a good bit heavier. Guys on CanAm talk have been weighing them for years and say they're well over 800 lbs.

The 570 seems to rip pretty good.

I'ld get a 570 with powersteering if it were my decision. I don't think a CA is worth the extra coin. One with PS would be pretty pricey. Plus Polaris has a better 4wd.

EDIT: Look for any current rebates OP.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Do a search looks like 570s are having some issues. Can am are brake pad eaters but then again Polaris eat tie rods ball joints and pads like a fat kid but that has to do with undersized cheap components

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do a search looks like 570s are having some issues. Can am are brake pad eaters but then again Polaris eat tie rods ball joints and pads like a fat kid but that has to do with undersized cheap components

There's not much on the 570 because they are new

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
The dealer near me sells both Can Am and Polaris...I had to get some oil plug crush washers and we got talking....he was saying the Can Am frames are not as good as the polaris....they get machines in with tweaked frames ..but the can ams have some nice looks to them....and a hefty price...

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
What are the advantages of "Visco Lock"? I've never really heard the pro list other than that is how Can-Am does it.

·
Registered
805 Posts
If you have never ridden can am in technical terrain its kinda like the old polaris AWD hubs. sometimes they would work, sometimes they wouldnt, sometimes they would engage and rip the bars out of your hands or drive you into the nearest tree lol. Here a good vid of visco lock in technical terrain. No way in hell could I ever deal with this. Id buy a Polaris, yamaha, or suzuki, over the canned ham anyday.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Very interesting video... in my type of rock riding Can-AM would be a major fail. It would appear to be in last place on the shopping list.

·
Registered
10 Posts
can am's are a great machine. unfortunately they are over priced. i own a can am outlander 400 max xt and love it. if you go with the polaris or the can am you'll be very happy.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts