Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 441 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to make a list off all the issues that I have found so far with my 570. This list could be used to make Polaris accountable for these issues and make them fix the units under a recall.

If you want to list the problems you have found, give your model, VIN, hours, and miles.

Things that I would not list are issues that you have caused, that are not directly connected with the design of the bike. For example I bent a front A arm by hitting a rock.

I am looking for issues that should have been caught and addressed by the Polaris engineers that designed the bike.

• Gas boils in the gas tank after 1/2 tank of fuel used, making gas fumes that can be smelled while riding. Caused by engine or exhaust heat.
  • Exhaust heat deforms right rear upper rubber shock bushing.
  • Exhaust heat out of right side foot well can burn your leg if wearing shorts, even during short riding periods.
  • Exhaust heat shield melts the seat post that sits on top of it. Right side of the bike.
  • Randomly dies for no reason. Not because of the key being turned off.
  • Heat shields have started to rattle.
  • Stock battery is cheap and had dead cells after first riding trip, had to buy a new sealed battery.
Model-Polaris Sportsman 570 EPS
VIN-4XAMH5EA2EA093041
Hours-42.9
Miles-313

·
Registered
815 Posts
well dang.
  • Mine had a engine replacement at 24hrs.
  • The gas bubbles in the tube
  • Seat fit is bad but have possible fix (currently testing)

·
Registered
777 Posts
Fouling plugs during initial break in.

Right leg heat is horrible. Thinking about pulling the exhaust and wrapping it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
777 Posts
Forgot about the belt snorkel. Added a big zip tie. Easy fix.

Also changed the oil for the first time last week. Used the popo extreme duty synthetic. Quieted the engine down a good bit. No bs.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just the snorkel issue and the ill-fitting seat for me so far. Only 105 miles on it though. I suspect (hope) I will have less problems than many because I am not really a "rider" . Just use it for hanging stands and dragging deer.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Fouling plugs during initial break in.

Right leg heat is horrible. Thinking about pulling the exhaust and wrapping it.

I'm planning the same thing for the exhaust very soon. Its like a flame under there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Other than the seat not fitting very good by the gas tank I have had none of these issues! I love mine....

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I want to make a list off all the issues that I have found so far with my 570. This list could be used to make Polaris accountable for these issues and make them fix the units under a recall.

If you want to list the problems you have found, give your model, VIN, hours, and miles.

Things that I would not list are issues that you have caused, that are not directly connected with the design of the bike. For example I bent a front A arm by hitting a rock.

I am looking for issues that should have been caught and addressed by the Polaris engineers that designed the bike.

• Gas boils in the gas tank after 1/2 tank of fuel used, making gas fumes that can be smelled while riding. Caused by engine or exhaust heat.
  • Exhaust heat out of right side foot well can burn your leg if wearing shorts, even during short riding periods.
  • Exhaust heat shield melts the seat post that sits on top of it. Right side of the bike.
  • Stock battery is cheap and had dead cells after first riding trip, had to buy a new sealed battery.
VIN-4XAMH5EA2EA093041
Hours-42.9
Miles-313
Just curious, when was your 570 built? Mine was built 03/14

·
Registered
66 Posts
Only issue with mine is an axle broke twice....

No rattles or squeaks or odd sounds sit fits awesome

Never rode it in shorts and I probably wouldn't so I cannot comment on that issue.

Gas tank issue I have not noticed, but what I have noticed is under the gas tank it looks like what is heat tape, that has fallen down and lost contact with the tank so I will stick it back up on the tank other than that no issues.

Quad sat for a month and started up instantly when I went to use it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

VIN-4XAMH5EA2EA093041
Hours-42.9
Miles-313
Just curious, when was your 570 built? Mine was built 03/14

Not real sure, bought it back in November of 2013.

·
Registered
150 Posts
would u owners recomend a 570 to a newbie or would you suggest the dependable 400HO..
I can not afford a extended warranty and i will owe on it so if something goes wrong i am in big trouble...

My credit is not so good so the best interest rate they would allow is 14.9% making that extra $800 quite a bit more in the long run....

·
Registered
66 Posts
would u owners recomend a 570 to a newbie or would you suggest the dependable 400HO..
I can not afford a extended warranty and i will owe on it so if something goes wrong i am in big trouble...

My credit is not so good so the best interest rate they would allow is 14.9% making that extra $800 quite a bit more in the long run....
Never finance toys.

·
Registered
336 Posts

Absolutely none of my business I realize so please don't be offended, but given your financial situation you may be better of not buying one?

I am new to the sport, but as I understand it there are places that you can rent them from if you want to go out every now and again?

Good luck with your decision, and I hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Absolutely none of my business I realize so please don't be offended, but given your financial situation you may be better of not buying one?

I am new to the sport, but as I understand it there are places that you can rent them from if you want to go out every now and again?

Good luck with your decision, and I hope everything works out for you.[/QUOTE]

AMEN !!! Bad credit... 14.9% interest... DON'T BUY.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just got off the phone with Gill at Polaris. Told them all the issues, they gave me a case number and told me to take it to the dealer. It is out of the 6 month warranty. These are not warranty issues these are design flaws...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well guys my situation is i work seasonal and my season is over....
I get busy around October and plan on getting it paid ASAP.

I do not have bad credit. My score was 692 its not great but not bad at all... I have never pulled a loan and only have 1 credit card so i have no established credit.
I figured this would be a good purchase i can pay off in maybe a year year and half and build my credit history a lil more.....

Good news 96lt4c4 hopefully they fix it all..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Still not a good idea regardless.

14.9% is insane.

If it breaks then what? You're making payments on it then worrying about paying to get it fixed? IMO not smart. But hey if you want it ultimately you will make the decision to do what you want.

Good luck

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yea that is why i am leaning towards the more dependable and easier to fix 400HO.
Plus it will be easier for me to pay off...

Me financing something is the only way i will establish better credit and this is a very small puchase...
I spent my seasonal savings last month on a 1 year old civic for my wife (paid cash) and everything i own i paid cash...

Figured since my money usually goes to toys and i spent my grip on wifes car..
I woudl just finance.... enough of slamming this mans thread.... sorry guys.....

·
Registered
291 Posts
My credit score was 795 and my interest rate was %3.9. I pay extra on it, but I financed it just to keep building credit since I'm 25 and fresh out of college (2 years). Paying off student loans will boost your credit lol. I told them I wasn't financing anything over %4.0 and they came back with 3.9%. I do the extended warranty though.

I would say it depends on how much you pay down on it. Just don't get upside down on it were you will be in it more than what it's worth.

1 - 20 of 441 Posts