Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2019 sportsman 570 utility brand new in September. It doesn't even have 25 miles on it yet. Yesterday we were out riding and when I was going to put it in park, the shift arm just went loose. It wouldn't change out of high to anything, low, park or reverse. We found the arm is connected by just a small rubber gasket. Popped it back in and it worked. The set up doesn't seem like it will stay and this will continue to happen. Anyone else have this issue or know of a recall or way to make sure it doesn't happen again? This is my first quad so it's a little frustrating. Thanks in advance y'all!

·
Premium Member
8,154 Posts
Carry some ty-wraps. It happens. There are two plastic unions/connectors that join the linkage. One from the shifter to the linkage and one from the linkage to the tranny shift detent. It way have just popped out or it may have broken.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's what my buddy recommended lol. I think it's crazy the set up is this way, but I guess it's better than the shifter breaking in two! Thanks for the idea! I will now keep a package of black plastic ties in my trunk! 💪

·
Registered
94 Posts
Dido on the zip ties. I always carry a dozen or of 12” heavier duty ones with me at all times on the trails.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts