Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some trouble with the speedometer on my 2015 Sportsman 570 EPS. The needle is behaving very strange; for example it does not go down to zero when the machine is turned off and when I'm riding it shows way too high speed. Does anyone have an idea about what might cause this problem?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,214 Posts
Speed sensor is most likely the culprit.

·
Super Moderator
7,005 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After a very long time waiting for the speed sensor to arrive I've have now replaced it but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem (speedo still won't go down to 0 when machine is turned off and shows way too high speed when driving). Does anyone have any other ideas or will I have to replace the speedometer? From what I understand the ODO meter cannot be programmed to the correct value and therefore will not show the correct mileage if I buy a new or used speedometer.

·
Premium Member
8,214 Posts
that sux!!!!!!!! well lets do some investigating. chk the wiring going up the bulkhead into the pod for any damage/wear. also chk the connection into the speedo to make sure you don't have any bad or corroded terminals.

·
Super Moderator
7,005 Posts
Interesting. I agree with bp. Do a close inspection of the wiring and see if you can find anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts