Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now that my 570 is safely out of its break in period it was time for a high speed test run. My 570 tops out around 63 MPH with my 250lbs @$$ at the controls.

***I don't know why but the video can only be viewed in full screen mode????

·
Registered
101 Posts
Did you clock it with a GPS, or just the speedo? I wouldn't be surprised if the speedo is off.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you clock it with a GPS, or just the speedo? I wouldn't be surprised if the speedo is off.
I didn't have my GPS with me so the speed came from the speedometer. Next time I'll try it using a GPS but I don't think the speedo is too far off; the 570 is fast.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That's what I was thinking. That's why I asked about the GPS. Others have reported 69 - 70 MPH with GPS and even radar.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow, great vid, my 570 is not broke in yet but I don't feel it will wheelie on a start like that. It has more power than my old Honda but I am not yet that impressed with the power. I am staying of the throttle 'till it's broke-in.
Did you start out that way with your 570?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Every report I have seen on the top speed is between 60-64 mph. Not sure where you guys are getting 70....

·
Registered
15 Posts
570 top speed

Is that a long haul or up there quickly my 06 800 only goes a little over 60 I am 230 lbs. how is the torque down low, looking to replace my 800 it been a great atv do not want to make a mistake Jim.

·
Registered
815 Posts
If i get time I will do a gopro video of my speedo and see how fast i can hit.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I havent topped mine out. I did get it up to 55 the other day and it doesnt take long to get there. I'm 6'4 320lbs on a 570 touring. Low end power is great and its a quick bike even with me on it. I can pull the front wheels off the ground easily

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, great vid, my 570 is not broke in yet but I don't feel it will wheelie on a start like that. It has more power than my old Honda but I am not yet that impressed with the power. I am staying of the throttle 'till it's broke-in.
Did you start out that way with your 570?
I took things easy and broke mine in by the book. I plan on keeping it around awhile and wanted to follow the break in rules in hopes of engine longevity. As far as it's torque and wheelies go, as long as it has a reasonable amount of traction, dropping the throttle will lift the front end easily, especially if you slide back on the seat an inch or two. You'll soon see, I promise! BTW, I'm glad you enjoyed the video; I enjoyed making it.:veryhappy:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Every report I have seen on the top speed is between 60-64 mph. Not sure where you guys are getting 70....
I think 60 to 64 is what most report as top speed of the 550xp. But here's what we were talking about.

http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/polaris-sportsman-570/48871-top-speed-anyone.html
I must admit that when I was riding I was fully erect (pun intended), meaning that I was not crouched down so as to minimize any speed loss associated with wind drag. I have a fairly large sail area so crouching like a cafe' racer could possibly yield 2-3 more MPH as could a paved road vice dirt. I think 65-68 is possible under optimal conditions. Keep in mind this was my first and only attempt at speed thus far. I had just completed break in and was looking stretch her out a little.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Nice video. I'm impressed with how she gets up to speed.

You'll enjoy that camera. I have a Drift Ghost.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I got to 62 roughly on a slight incline. My tires have really slowed my speed down, plus the speed wobble doesn't help. Sedona needs to fix that, really kicks over 40

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mine isn't broke in yet but I can promise when it is I WON'T be hauling my fat a$$ that fast!

Really nowhere to do it at and I doubt this driver would have the stones for it anymore .

Awesome video!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts