Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this was a hot topic around here for a while with several threads on it. I bought a 570 and finished break in mode, and went for a small ride with my cousin who had bought a 800 back in January. First off this was suppose to be on video and I was going to post it to the forum. However he forgot to bring his go pro so no vid, sorry guys.

These were drags from a dead stop on a dirt road with equal traction. I weigh 215 lbs and he weighs 185 lbs. with equal starts and good launches by both of us...............the 800 smoked me every time. It jumped out to about 3 quad lengths then pulled slowly the rest of the way. No question the torque of the 800 is superior, and yes the weight difference between him and I could play into that a bit, but not sure how much. The plan was to ride for a while on our quads, then switch and ride the other persons for a while. But he got a call from work and wanted to go in to make some extra money, so he left right after the drags. I was bummed as I wanted some seat time on the 800 to do a real good real world comparison of the two.

Well guys that's my findings, any other questions let me know. Also if anyone else has similar or different results I'd love to hear about them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well this was a hot topic around here for a while with several threads on it. I bought a 570 and finished break in mode, and went for a small ride with my cousin who had bought a 800 back in January. First off this was suppose to be on video and I was going to post it to the forum. However he forgot to bring his go pro so no vid, sorry guys.

These were drags from a dead stop on a dirt road with equal traction. I weigh 215 lbs and he weighs 185 lbs. with equal starts and good launches by both of us...............the 800 smoked me every time. It jumped out to about 3 quad lengths then pulled slowly the rest of the way. No question the torque of the 800 is superior, and yes the weight difference between him and I could play into that a bit, but not sure how much. The plan was to ride for a while on our quads, then switch and ride the other persons for a while. But he got a call from work and wanted to go in to make some extra money, so he left right after the drags. I was bummed as I wanted some seat time on the 800 to do a real good real world comparison of the two.

Well guys that's my findings, any other questions let me know. Also if anyone else has similar or different results I'd love to hear about them.
Same experience here. Me and a buddy bought two ATV's on the same day, me the 800 and him the 570, both 14's. Mine to about 30mph is much quicker, at about 30mph they pull the same, but Ive already got the length on him. We both weigh right at 200lbs, but Ive got a winch.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 800 explodes off the start. The 570 is impressive itself, just squats and drives but just doesn't match the low end torque of the twin. I think the 570 pulls surprisingly well midrange and on due to the dual overhead cam design. Also the 800 seems to break the rear end loose at will in turns and corners. I want an 800 now lol.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I love my 800! It pulls great and u can break the tires loose at any time you want.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
The 800's are beasts!!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yup they have some grunt! Great machine! :)

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Thanks for the comparison..... been wondering about the 570 vs. 800 shoot out.

The 800 is a brute! First time after break-in that I tried to wheelie it in the street (tar/asphalt) with the stock tires, all it would do is a burn out!! Later tried it in a pasture and stood it straight up in the air, just like that.... wihtout much effort with body weight, just my thumb!

I'm glad I went BIG, when I bought. Now all I wonder is if I'd have liked the 850 a little more.... :dunno: :D

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comparison..... been wondering about the 570 vs. 800 shoot out.

The 800 is a brute! First time after break-in that I tried to wheelie it in the street (tar/asphalt) with the stock tires, all it would do is a burn out!! Later tried it in a pasture and stood it straight up in the air, just like that.... wihtout much effort with body weight, just my thumb!

I'm glad I went BIG, when I bought. Now all I wonder is if I'd have liked the 850 a little more.... :dunno: :D
The thing is the 800 for the price s a knock out. Ys the XP is faster, better handling etc. But look at the sticker price between the two. How much more motor o you really need? When Im done paying the 570 off Id like to get an 800, who knows by then Polaris might update it a tad. Id like to see this motor in the 60 hp range. That said the 570 is an awesome mid bore machine, with a really fun motor. No regrets there at at all.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Next race for that 800 wont go so good..........I still own my 2012 YFZ 450.
Let us know how that one goes lol two totally different categories of wheelers but still interesting

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
:D True... but not really an apples to apples race thier @ Sport vs. Utility!

But your 570 to 800.... does show that the 570 "can compete" with the big boys. Which it's nice to see that technology intorduced into the Value line models!! :fing02:

·
Registered
815 Posts
was the 800 a touring also? i'm glad to hear the 570 does compete performance wise though.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I'm not surprised that a big bore beat a mid bore in a drag race. but the fact that the 570 wasn't that far behind is impressive.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:D True... but not really an apples to apples race thier @ Sport vs. Utility!

But your 570 to 800.... does show that the 570 "can compete" with the big boys. Which it's nice to see that technology intorduced into the Value line models!! :fing02:
On the YFZ vs 800........No not apples to apples race, a bit unfair. But to shut up a younger mouthy cousin you have to tap all your resources. The 570 is a great machine, I'm very impressed with it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Put some seat time on the 800 and comback with a full review of both machine. That would be interresting. The 570 have impressed me so far with the value for dollar.

·
Registered
294 Posts
570 seems like it would be a great machine, wonder if it's detuned from the rzr motor?

Also I'll race ya on the yfz! My 850 was nipping the heels of my buddies modded yfz, and the 1000 walks on the 850... I'd like to get a good heads up pavement drag with the yfz vs 1000. Would be a good race either way

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
570 seems like it would be a great machine, wonder if it's detuned from the rzr motor?

Also I'll race ya on the yfz! My 850 was nipping the heels of my buddies modded yfz, and the 1000 walks on the 850... I'd like to get a good heads up pavement drag with the yfz vs 1000. Would be a good race either way
What's the mods to your buds yfz? I'm sure a 1000 would leave a Yfz.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Its an 08, 488 big bore, mild port and polish, some kind of full system pipe (he's gone through 7 or 8 -.-), open air box, I'm sure there's more. It straight up leaves a stock yfz in the dust. My 850 could pull away from a piped/jetted honda 450 pretty well anywhere, and I'm about 100lbs more than the honda rider. Can't wait til we all do a trip and get some drag racing done

·
Registered
978 Posts
Id like to see a 850 vs a raptor 700. I think i t will happen at the Mn forum ride. My cuz is bringing his 700 raptor and wants to drag against a 850 or scramy 1000 just to get comparison. Hope someone brings one and will drag

1 - 20 of 31 Posts