Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a '15 Sportsman 570 and a '16 RZR S 1000. Just got new wheels and tires for the RZR so figured I would try the OEM RZR wheels and Dirt Commanders on the Sportsman. I know they are the same bolt pattern but the RZR wheel didn't seem to be 'hub-centric' when I tried it. The Sportsman hub has those 4 tabs that stick out on the hub for the crappy 12" wheels with the big hole in the middle?

RZR isn't like that at all. So if the bolt pattern for RZR and Sportsman is both 4/156, what am I missing? Sorry the crappy explanation, just not sure what I am missing. I even took the center cap off the Sportsman hub and tried it. The lug bolts seems smaller?

Here is a pic of the wheels and tires from the RZR I'm trying.

And the RZR's new shoes... :nervous:

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Nice cryptid's, how do they work?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found another thread after I posted this one where a guy used these exact wheels on his Sportsman 570. I realize now the lug bolts are smaller on the Sportsman but all he did was get tapered wheel nuts from Polaris and they worked for him. I guess the taper of the nuts and the taper on the wheel holes help center them up on the hub?

The Cryptid's are awesome! I haven't taken them out in the thick mud yet but I'm sure they will pull great. They are a little bumpy under 10 mph, but really smooth out after that. Good all around tire and they are only 43 lbs, which is pretty light for a 30" aggressive mud tire. I chose these over Terminators and STI Ouback Max

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Ya they are stud centric, the right nuts should get you going.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it! They fit, look, and ride awesome! Couldn't tell the full potential of these tires on the RZR, but they really shine on the Sportsman. The power loss is so minimal, I probably would not have even noticed if I didn't know the 27s where on there. There is about a 1/4" gap between the inside of the tire and tie-rod. I just rode it hard and no rubbing whatsoever.

The Sportsman doesn't look so tiny next to the RZR now. Well, not as bad...

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
looks good.

yes, the tapered nuts center the wheel. same with automobiles. the 12" wheels don't need the tapered nuts because they are hubcentric as you noted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got it! They fit, look, and ride awesome! Couldn't tell the full potential of these tires on the RZR, but they really shine on the Sportsman. The power loss is so minimal, I probably would not have even noticed if I didn't know the 27s where on there. There is about a 1/4" gap between the inside of the tire and tie-rod. I just rode it hard and no rubbing whatsoever.

The Sportsman doesn't look so tiny next to the RZR now. Well, not as bad...

What nuts did u use too fit the wheels? On the same boat now trying too get some rzr wheels on my 15 sportman!

·
Premium Member
10,243 Posts
What nuts did u use too fit the wheels? On the same boat now trying too get some rzr wheels on my 15 sportman!
What's the problem??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Will I need spacers I have the proper lug nuts but the rim seems to ride on the four little nubs on the hub? Is this ok

1 - 15 of 15 Posts