Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm new to this forum and your input will definitely be very helpful to make the right decision.

I'm planning on buying at Sportsman 570.

I'm 40 and I would like to keep it for 10 years.
I plan to take long rides. Once in a while I will leave for two days, doing camping and going for long trip of 600+Km.
I will do federated trails
I wonder if it is a good investment buying EPF or not.

I tried a Polaris 500 Ho 2012. I really liked it.
Anyone know if the power steering is only good at low speed or does it take all the joy out of riding? Is it worth the extra expense
All your comments and sharing your experiences would help me out greatly.
JS

·
Registered
422 Posts
EPF? Or did you mean EPS? Lol Polaris has an acronym for everything so I wasn't sure. Anyway, I bought a non EPS 570. Some here will say don't buy one without it, but it doesn't bother me not having it. I guess if you ride in deep mud or real rocky terrain it'd be worth it

·
Registered
214 Posts
Welcome to the forum.... I have a 550 without EPS and it doesn't bother me because I never had an ATV with it. But like stated, everyone says it is the way to go. I'm seriously considering adding it to my bike. It is automatically speed sensitive. The faster you ride the less input it has. The slower you ride the more input it has. Very nice feature to have from my understanding.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I would get it. I've never had a machine with it, but if you are keeping it for 10 years you will be glad you did.

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
I have always said you don't need power steering. That's until I bought my Outlander 1000XT. Get the EPS it is awsome.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Get the EPS. It does not "take the joy out of riding". It is active all speeds and you will feel less fatigued at the end of the day/ride.
The only folks that recommend against PS are those without it. It takes more than a test drive to appreciate its value.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Just bustin chops lol, but yeah, if ya can afford it, go for it I guess. I just see it more as a luxury than a necessity

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for all your great comments.
I really appreciate it!

My first test drive with PS:

Yesterday, I went to a different Polaris Dealer. I tried the 570 with the PS. I truly enjoy it. I turn the engine on, leave the gear in Park. I turn the steering left and right. It feels free, lite, so easy…. it feels like I was turning a steering of a bicycle. I did a few donuts and drove it the parking for few minutes.

From my opinion, the Sportsman 570 he is the Cadillac in this class. But, with the 570 with PS it evens more than you can ask. Now I know,I will buy one with the PS. After my experience, even my girlfriend is thinking to get the same thing.

Once again, thank you!!!
JS

·
Registered
944 Posts
Easy to turn, yes. Not sure if you realize another huge benefit of PS. That is it stabilizes the handle bars while moving and reduces/eliminates bump steering. The net result is you are MUCH less tired, sore, etc after riding. The difference is really something. You'll love it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts