Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

This is an Early 2004 Sportsman 600. The AWD light stays on no matter where the switch is. AWD does not wrork period. I tested the wires going to the center transfer case. There is only .03 volts with switch on and .oo volts with it off. Some how the 12 volts that should be there is not. Can someone
please dig into this? I have seen so many things about the speedo but can't determine what issue really is.

Thanks,

Frustrated in Walworth, NY

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for warm welcome- I have new updates

Thank you for welcoming me. I am sure someone can help me with all the knowledgeable riders on this forum. The update is that I do have 12 volts to
the wire going to the center transfer case. Yet still the AWD is not working.

The bottom line is this. The AWD light stays on always no matter if I turn the switch on or off. The switch works because the 12 volts goes to the wire for transfer case and stops when switch is off. Does anyone know about this or have seen this?

Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Knowledgeable rider I'm not, Dirty Dale knows a thing or 2! And there are several more on here at times!

·
Registered
421 Posts
sounds like a short some where.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Updated Tests done- Need Help on this.

Hey guys,

I had a friend come over with the very same Sportsman. I swaped speedos and no I have no AWD light at all no matter where the switch is.

I do have 12 volts going from switch to the center diff. The repair book says i am supposed to have 24-28 Ohms on that set of wires. i don't even have .50 Ohms.

Any techs out there?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts