Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, long time lurker. Can't find an answer for my problem so here I am.

I got a 2003 Sportsman 600 and I'm going through the motions of freshening her up. Upon changing out a front wheel bearing I found out the sleeve from the hub that goes into the CV shaft has broken off into the wheel bearing.

Doing some research I've found out that the 2003 model uses a different hub part number compared to the 04-05 models. And I can't find any hubs for a 03 online but I have found a couple for the other years. Are these hubs actually different? They look exactly the same but don't post any specific size dimensions.

Attachments

·
10,343 Posts
03 and 04 are the same. There are a few on ebay here:
5133360 | eBay

05 and up they beefed up the hub because of breakage like you have. Did the same thing on the early model RZR's. They increased the inside diameter of the bearing so the hub could be made thicker.
To change over to the newer and thicker hub you'd have to use the newer larger inside diameter bearing too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. I was in a bit of a rush before going into work so I just posted in the newbie area. Noobs be noobs.

If 05 bearings fit in the strut housing and if the 05 cv shafts fit in the gear case, I might just have to make that upgrade this winter. For now I'll nab one of those hubs from eBay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts