Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
600 Sportsman Twin. Was working fine, we had a cold snap here in Southern Ontario and during the cold snap, the ATV just died after it was warmed up and running for some time. Checked plugs, fouled. Changed them up with new ones. They wont spark. Gas was fresh and good, but low in the tank. topped it up. Read posts about faulty stators and ignitions in these models (Ducati) so that may be issue. I get a bit lost in the testing chart in the shop manual. One other thing I did read was that if the battery is low (I tested mine after my battery tender had charged it for days and it reads between 6-8 volts) it may turn over engine, but may not have enough to allow the electric ignition system to spark. Comments? I damaged my crank threads trying to get my flywheel off, so once I repair threads I will put everything back together and try the new battery.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so bought a new yuasa sealed battery, charged to 12.6 volts, no spark. tested resistance on stator appears to be fine. No voltage registering from pickup coil when I turn over engine, so I think that is my issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts