Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone recommended the Ricochet Boot/A-Arm guards for my wheeler but I'm trying to find out how much coverage they really give in the front for the CV boots.

I tried the Moose MUDP03 and they sucked. The plastic Polaris ones had like 2-3 inches in height on them.

Any insight/suggestions and/or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trying to see what they look like from the front. How much of the CV boot is exposed as you drive through brush and clear cut zones... The Moose guards I had left almost the whole inner and most of the outer CV boots exposed.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I don't have any pictures offhand but coverage is more than adequate on my '04 (older design).

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
My inner does have some exposure but it has U-joints in inner and CV joints on outside only. Does 2005 have CV joints and boots on inner as well?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah

The '05 has CV joints inner and outer. How high from the A-Arm do you think yours go up? I mean they're obviously tapered, but I'm trying to get a feel at how much exposure I'm looking at.

I do a fair bit of trail blazing, so I don't see what I'm going over all the time. The Moose ones almost covered the outer, but the inner was completely wide open for a stick.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

don't waste too much time though. I'll prolly give them a hook anyway. From what I've read, they seem to be the best out there.... I just have such a sour taste in my mouth after those Moose guards.

On the other hand, I've become very good at pulling the axels... :bam:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
If you still haven't bought the guards by the following weekend I'll snap a pic of them on my 700. I won't be around that quad until then.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Ricochett is defineately the way to go.

I also have the moose on my front.. Was suprised they the stockers where taller. I left my stock guards in place and put the moose on top/around them. I have not had a problem. But I have Ricocette in the rear and they are great!

CW

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the pics. It's the front I'm worried about. I can't get the Moose ones on w/ the stockers. I had the U-bolts down and they caught up on both sides. So if I wanted to use them, I would want to go up w/ the u-bolts and use a u-bolt plate on the top of the A-Arm. Is that what you did?

Going the other way with the u-bolts makes the stock plastic ones in the way for tightening the nuts. I could cut the stockers which I would prefer not to do. Did you have to cut/drill the stockers?

I'm really curious now to see the comparison w/ the Ricochets in the front that Treacherous is using.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh - and it was the plastic stock one that got bent back while riding last weekend. Wedged itself against the inner boot. Torn boot... Was only 35 miles from camp too. Awesome. Hoping the Ricochets are taller and I can just pull the stock ones completely off.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Until I get better pic this is about as good as I can for now. Not sure if it helps or not. I posted this on another thread.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That looks really good actually. Thanks. Would still like to see a closer one and what it looks like up by the inner.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Found some pics in my iPhoto archive. Let me know if these help. This might take a few messages.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts