Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got my wheeler turning over like a champ but i dont have spark. its and 06 sportsman 700 efi..I have checked fuses and breakers, they were a little corroded but otherwise fine. The cps sensor was loose and is missing the bolt to connect it to flywheel cover. Anybody know a way to test the cps? There seems to be dust almost everywhere (inside pod, every nook and cranny), my headlight turns on, I got 4.9 volts max at a fuel pump wire when cranking or just set to on, the speedometer back light works and you can see the needle move slightly when cranking, there is a check engine light, when i added fuel to tank it went from showing half tank (when actually empty) to showing a fuel tank (about 3/4 full)..Also I followed the wiring from the ignition coil back to the ecu, and there is a red wire that is broken (there is two red and white wires 1 broken 1 not) and i cannot find the other piece or where it plugs into..anybody have a picture of how the wiring should be from the ignition coil to the ecu?

Any help is appreciated..The stealer is asking $85 just to hook it up and i don't believe its a major issue, but i could be wrong. This atv sat for some time and I just got it turning over again so my next step is to rebuild the top end if I can get spark.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts