Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a very nice 03 sportsman 700 twin. I ride modified 2 stroke scramblers but picked this up to push snow and play in the mud. I am a little disappointed by the power of this brute so I decided to add the 800 header with pure polaris slip on. I will also be adding the 800 snorkle with a uni filter. I found some great posts on actually doing the conversion but I haven't found any info on what jetting changes are being made. As of now I have done the pipe mod but haven't changed the intake stuff yet. My jetting should still be stock though I haven't verified this yet and it seems to run fine with a slight boost in low end power. I am curious to hear from those that have done this mod as what their final setting were.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I finally got my snorkel and uni air filter and picked up some jets. I am running the 800 one piece header and white bros slip on with 6 disks. My final jetting ended up being 165 main, stock pilot, needle in the forth position and pilot screw 2.25 turns out. With just the exhaust and the silencer the stock jetting seemed good but I didn't get a huge gain. When I put the air filter and snorkel on, I tried a 162.5 jet and all other setting were stock. It ran terrible and I had alot of popping on decel and a bad bog down low. I then changed the needle height to the 4th position and turned the pilot screw out to 2.25 ( stock was 1 turn out). The bike ran much better but seemed a little flat at WOT so I went to the 165 main. I'm going to try this for a bit and see how it does. My altitude is around 2000' and the temps are in the 40's right now. This was a good bang for the buck mod as I have less than 200 bucks into the whole thing. Going to do a clutch kit next. Hope this helps someone out in the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts