Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this problem for a while and do not know why. I have a 2005 Sportsman 700 EFI. It is stock. When it gets hot, it seems to suffer from not getting fuel. It is missing and running poorly and will stall. After letting it sit for a bit, it will run fine. When it is missing and I turn it off, I can hear the fuel running back into the tank. I don't know if it is boiling or just bubbling back in. I called the Polaris dealer and they said it might be the fuel pump, but I am not so sure. The fuel pump is loud when I first turn the key on, but I think that is normal. The pressure is also 39lbs when I turn the key on. I put new plugs in too just in case someone asks. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Interesting! Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having a similar problem myself with a 07 500 EFI, have u found a fix action yet. Everything I read says replace the fuel pump, lets get real Polaris, you will be loosing allot of customers if this fuel pump issue goes on like this,,, especially when you have to buy the hole tank for just a simple pump.

·
Registered
126 Posts
You mention that the pressure is at 39 lbs when you tun the key on.... But how much is the pressure when it is running poorly and missing?
That will tell you if it is the pump or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I own a 2007 800 x2 with same problems I have changed the tank and pump and a month later it's doing the same dam thing . After riding a bit say 2 hours start to lose power, popping threw the tb and no start so I depress the shreader value and let all the air out , cycle the pump couple times and way I go . I remove the fuel cap and no pressure vent seems to working allowing air in and out. So u wrapped my tank to deflect some of the heat coming off the engine. Will try tomorrow, temp will be 32 degrees celceus

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 03 700 twin doing the same thing but it is carburated with a diaphragm pump. I've replaced the plugs, wires, and intake tube with no success.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got an '07 500 and have got the same issue. One interesting point is that when the bike is cold and I turn the key to accessory the fuel pump turns on and pressures up the fuel system and then shuts off...when I'm having drivability issues (when it's hot) the pump doesn't shut off in the accessory position when trying to start it. It seems like their is a lot of vapour in the system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts