Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 2003 Sportsman 700 like mentioned in the title. First off it has already had the ignition upgrade done to it. Ok now the other day I went to back it up out of where I park it. Backed it up and then it just died. I figured I was out fuel so i left it and forgot to turn the key off. Come back its dead of corse. Swap out the battery from my wife's 600 put mine on the charger put fuel in it and then it will start but wont run. It fires like once then instantly dies. Ok so I check the carb its getting fuel its good and clean, next I change the spark plugs... Well after I have changed the pugs I n longer have any spark at all. Any ideas? Any help? I have run out of ideas.. Obviously it could be the stator, coil, cdi, etc... Don't really wanna just throw money at it. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
376 Posts
ignition switch on?, i have a 2004 600 whats the ignition problem these suffer from?, time to get the shop manual and a ohm meter

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the ignition switch is on. The ignition problem these have is they will start running like crap at idle or sometimes just wont start or i have even heard of someone turning theirs off then it wont start back... It ranges from the 2002-early 2004 600 and 70s with the Ducati ignition systems. I upgraded mine last year to the new one. Bad thing is I have the shop manual and everything but the 2003 manual doesn't cover the 2004.5 or new ignitions.... Guess its time to look for a newer one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
polaris 700 no spark

I have a 2003 600 and the wiring diagram is the same as the 700. My question is why does the flow chart tell you to check ignition coil but there's no place in daigram that shows where it's wired in. I thought the cdi was controlling ignition with built in coil. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts