Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this price for a new Sportsman 800 and some accessories.
And I want to hear what you think about the price?

/J

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think you'll love the bike, I also think you coulda saved a few bucks by modding it yourself. I didn't pay $600+ for my winch, seems pricey.... At least you don't have to mess with the install.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
100 Posts
$600 for labor is pricey plus I'd tell them to give u the stock wheels and tires at least or give u credit.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I paid about $200+/- for my superwinch terra 3500, that's 500 more pounds of pulling power for a lot less money. It did cost me a weekend for the install and I had to make a small bracket but....
Pretty sure I paid less for my bumpers and hand guards, both real easy to self-install.
Amazon is your friend.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$600 for labor is pricey plus I'd tell them to give u the stock wheels and tires at least or give u credit.
Ok. I'm from Sweden, so I'm not that familiar with the price for labor in the States.

I'll get the stock wheels on the side.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I paid about $200+/- for my superwinch terra 3500, that's 500 more pounds of pulling power for a lot less money. It did cost me a weekend for the install and I had to make a small bracket but....
Pretty sure I paid less for my bumpers and hand guards, both real easy to self-install.
Amazon is your friend.

Thanks!

I'll take a look at that winch.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
thats not a bad price considering he is over seas....things cost a ton there....

Jo..enjoy the ride..lots of fun to be had...break it in nice and then ride it you stole it...lol..ride safe...have fun

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats not a bad price considering he is over seas....things cost a ton there....

Jo..enjoy the ride..lots of fun to be had...break it in nice and then ride it you stole it...lol..ride safe...have fun
Exactly!

A 800 with just the front winch, no other accessories, is around $13.300 OTD here.
And the accessories is at least half the price.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And the final order :) :cowboy:

ATV.jpg

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
And the final order :) :cowboy:

View attachment 16496

Any thoughts?
Your getting a good price on the ATV. Man they're really getting you bad on the extras. The tires and winch and plow are almost double what you could get it for in the U.S. The bumpers and rack extenders are not to far off. $11k for a fully set up ATV is not a bad price tho.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your getting a good price on the ATV. Man they're really getting you bad on the extras. The tires and winch and plow are almost double what you could get it for in the U.S. The bumpers and rack extenders are not to far off. $11k for a fully set up ATV is not a bad price tho.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the information!

I did a fast comparison with Amazon prices:
http://forumbilder.se/DC5LE/sportsman-800.jpg
Differens: $420 :hmmm:

Sent the store my comparison. So we'll see.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good deal. I was in Germany last year for work, i was amazed at what they get a the Harley dealer for Bikes. Its very expensive for stuff over there

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Your probably over paying for some of the stuff, but if the money isn't a huge deal you are getting a fully set up ATV how you like it. Even though you found a way to save comparing to amazon, $420 is only 4% of the total price. I've over paid 4% on a lot of things in my life.

Sometimes when you get something just the way you like, price doesn't matter.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your probably over paying for some of the stuff, but if the money isn't a huge deal you are getting a fully set up ATV how you like it. Even though you found a way to save comparing to amazon, $420 is only 4% of the total price. I've over paid 4% on a lot of things in my life.

Sometimes when you get something just the way you like, price doesn't matter.
That's true!
It's stupid to be greedy.

Sounds like a pretty good deal. I was in Germany last year for work, i was amazed at what they get a the Harley dealer for Bikes. Its very expensive for stuff over there
And the Swedes order stuff from Germany.
Beacuse it's cheap :hmmm:

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is the best way for sure to get a good deal, buying accessories by themself the shipping costs and customs fees to Sweden will kill you.

You will have alot of fun with this bike and its accessories

Jag lovar ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is the best way for sure to get a good deal, buying accessories by themself the shipping costs and customs fees to Sweden will kill you.

You will have alot of fun with this bike and its accessories

Jag lovar ?
Yes, it's a really good deal :cowboy:
But my mail saved me a couple of $100 :trink4:

Ja, nu är det bara att vänta på att det ska bli april :fest06:

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I'd agree.... get them to through in the accessories installation for free, and you'd have a deal.

Also, make sure you get the stock wheels or a credit for them.... as your paying for them with a stock machine!!

Can't say if the price is good or bad, with the pond span. But, my 2012 800 was ~ $7250 out the door in Sept. 2012, after the year end rebate and accessories (# 2500 Polaris Winch, 60" G3 Plow and front/rear rack extenders).

Good Luck with your purchase..... You'll love it!!! :fing02:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'd agree.... get them to through in the accessories installation for free, and you'd have a deal.

Also, make sure you get the stock wheels or a credit for them.... as your paying for them with a stock machine!!

Can't say if the price is good or bad, with the pond span. But, my 2012 800 was ~ $7250 out the door in Sept. 2012, after the year end rebate and accessories (# 2500 Polaris Winch, 60" G3 Plow and front/rear rack extenders).

Good Luck with your purchase..... You'll love it!!! :fing02:
The problem is that I'm not going there in person. And only have one store I can buy from. Because we are ten persons exporting together.
So it's hard to negotiate.

I will get the stock tires on the side. Can sell them here in Sweden, for more than I would get as a credit.

$7250 seems like a super price :cowboy:

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts