Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all thanks for accepting me. I have a 2006 Polaris sportsman 800 4x4 vtwin.
a whike back it started running very poorly so I changed fuel, fuel filter, spark plugs and ran some carb cleaner with fuel. have checked spark wires. It runs very poorly. backfires, misses, cuts out, sometimes you can give it gas and it goes other time it dies. I have also disconnected the battery for 15min tclear any codes and no luck. (it does not show any thing on disply ethier) I don't know if it related but the reverse lights stay on all the time now. any help would be appreciated thanks Donnie

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What kind of fuel are you using?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Are you sure your throttle ETC isn't out of adjustment? Adjustment procedure may be in your owners manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi again im not sure what an etc is or where its located. I did not get a owners manuel when I bout it. I did by it used

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
a whike back it started running very poorly so I changed fuel, fuel filter, spark plugs and ran some carb cleaner with fuel. have checked spark wires. It runs very poorly. backfires, misses, cuts out, sometimes you can give it gas and it goes other time it dies. I have also disconnected the battery for 15min tclear any codes and no luck. (it does not show any thing on disply ethier) I don't know if it related but the reverse lights stay on all the time now. any help would be appreciated thanks Donnie
Donnie, I appreciate your manners, but I'm pretty sure that everyone is accepted into this forum. Thanks for the laugh though...Vandal

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Maybe this Youtube video will help. It doesn't appear owners manual will help.

Look around though for Polaris ETC adjustment on Google.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
39 Posts
mine is doing the same thing, but once its going it doesn't want to rev and has no power. ive done all you steps too new fuel new plugs.

·
Registered
495 Posts
As for the reverse lights, I think they may be referred to as "work lights". There should be a rocker switch on the speedo pod. Click the switch and check the lights. As far as the running condition, there is a thread on here about a 03 700 having similar issues. He narrowed his down to the power lead for the stator being hooked to a variable voltage/amperage lead. When he hooked the power lead to a hot when switched on lead, the voltage/amperage was steady and solved his problem. I was trying to find the link to the thread, but, didn't find it yet. In the meanwhile, here is a link to a similar thread: http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/atv-new-members/53760-03-sportsman-700-problem-child.html

Hope that helps.!!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Welcome to he board!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts