Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Looking for some tips or guidance. I recently purchased a 2006 sportsman 800. Amazing machine apart from one odd issue. It will run great as long as I'm running, but after riding if I come to a stop or sit at idle for a minute is sputters and and doesn't want to accelerate, sometimes even stalls. This can be after 5 minutes of riding or a non stop hour. The odd part is, if I turn it off and restart, it runs fine. It feels like it isn't getting fuel, but just a quick off- on with the key and it's fine.... Any ideas where to look?

·
Premium Member
9,942 Posts
How many miles and hours on it?? I'd go through and do a complete tune-up to it.

·
Registered
2015 Sportsman XP 1000 LE Touring
46 Posts
How many miles and hours on it?? I'd go through and do a complete tune-up to it.
Does a "tune-up" include fuel pump, for this year/model?

I ask because my dad has this machine & I feel it lacks power. If it'd like a new $75 fuel pump, so be it....
I'm 6'4" - 170lbs, but it will not wheelie. I ride a '87 Yamaha 350cc Warrior that doesn't want to, but I make wheelie. Lol
(It's not the "operator")

·
Premium Member
9,942 Posts
No not at all. Sounds like your belt isn't grabbing.

Reactions: RoyR80

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What codes is the CPU generating?
does not show any codes and the wrench is not blinking. It currently has 1180 miles, 262.3 Hrs. Plugs are new. injectors were removed and sent to be tested by Flow Pro Technologies ( my buddy's injector company, highly recommend if you have injector issues of any kind). It just seems like maybe something isn't telling the fuel pump to engage or increase pressure after a return to idle. I'm puzzled because just turning the key off and right back on corrects it.

·
Premium Member
9,942 Posts
Well if there aren't any codes it could be a ton of possibilities. I'd grab a fuel rail pressure reading.

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Connect it to Digital Wrench for a diagnosis

·
Registered
2015 Sportsman XP 1000 LE Touring
46 Posts

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
You bought the technology - you need the technology to fix it :cry: