Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some input regarding my purchase this coming weekend. I am torn between the 2009 800 and 850. I am looking at about a $1000.00 difference in price. I have owned an 800 in the past and was very impressed with it. I actually had a 700 prior to that and loved that also.

Your thoughts on why you picked an 800 or 850 would be appreciated.

We are located in the Rocky Mtns at an elevation of 10,500 feet above sea level. Spend most of the year in snow. Will be using for plowing, work around our property, and trail riding.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
I have the 800 and love it, but the 850 has alot more power!

·
Registered
20 Posts
hello I own the 800 stealth 08 I have had the 09 550 xp they are pretty large and they
handle very well loved the big rims for up gradeing the tires if I had went with the 850 would have kept it but the rear stablelizer broke at the bolt on both sides was a pretty
easy fix with a large washer and a welder so you would love the ride clevedog2

·
Registered
667 Posts
i have had 2 can-am,5 yamahas,3 suzukis,1 honda. i bought the 850xp for the eps and the smooth ride. it is the best trail quad i have had hands down. go with the 850xp you will love it even more than the 800 IMO.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We have 2 800 touring, silly amount of power but we got a deal. Dirt Traxx TV said the 850 makes more power than the 800 but because of frictional losses due to its mounting configuration you won't notice a difference. To me the 800 is the old configuration (cheaper)and it has been perfected, the new set-up may have a few bugs to work out yet. I do like the belt guarantee on the 850.

·
Registered
650 Posts
One ride on an 850 with the EPS and you'll be hooked. Great ride,fast and handles like a much smaller machine.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I have had two 8oos a06 which i still have and a o8 which i traded for my 850 xp eps , if you havent yet take the 850 for a test drive, the control and handling are much better more power. and like paw paw said they handle like a smaller machine because there narrower at the seat. I wouldnt trade mine for anything else.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the input. I just have to make a decision. It seems that as I think about it more, the price of the 850XP keeps coming down. I think it will be difficult not to go with the 850XP. $800 more and the 800 doesn't have a winch.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Correction. $900 dollar difference and the 800 does have a winch.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went to pick up a green 850XP this weekend. For some reason I wasn't sold on the green and the black one at a different dealer keep coming to mind. The decision obviously has been not an easy one for me. Maybe tomorrow I will be feeling it and stop by the local dealer and buy the black one and get it over with. Once I do it I will let you know.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The stealth black is my vote !!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally I made the decision. I went with the Stealth Black 850XP. Delivery scheduled for Thursday. :xmas:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I couldnt think of a better xmas present

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I couldnt think of a better xmas present
I thought it was a great X-mas present myself. The better half was a bit surprised when she found out what she bought me for X-mas. This is going to cost me big time.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I finally did it. In fact I was able to get a Stealth Black 2009 SP850XP with EPS for $150.00 more than the non-EPS. :rotflmao: I figured I couldn't pass it up.

It is still in the trailer and has 1.3 miles on it from the dealer. They did the two recalls and all is good.

Goodies to be added:

Front and Rear Brushgaurds (torn between GURU, Moose, and Polaris)
OGIO Rear Bag
Interco Swamplites 28x9x14's all the away around

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I was able to finally get out and take it for a ride. Very nice. Here's a few pics.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts