Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm wonderin which clutch kit for my sportsman 850 I use it to mud and pull also trail riding I'm considering a Dalton

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Get a QSC kit from [email protected]nce.
I feel they put more into developing their kits.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have the QSC as well. Monster in low and helped with the mid range to. I really didn't notice a whole lot of top end loss, but I dont have it pinned in a straight line very often.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I did look on that website and I'm pretty sure I'm goin with the one for 300$ also which belt should I go with

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Lost of people say oem is the best. Many, including myself have luck with gates belts. Their website has a cross ref chart to help you get the right one. They can be had off ebay for a fraction of OEM price. I would advise that you contact Ryan @ rvs before making your final choice of clutch kit, he will help make sure its the right one. Good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found an OEM one on eBay with 10 miles for 20$ that made my day. My stock one lasted 2000 miles and they weren't easy miles either. Ya that does sound like a smart idea so I can tell them my setup and driving habits I'm more of an aggressive rider and love the mud and water but then who don't lol

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
The kit is just over 200, like $210.
I don't ride that fast with a lift and big tires, the axles get hot. Usually under 40mph.
I have an EPI HD belt thats been going strong since my 1st clutch kit 2 yrs ago.

As long as you use HI and Low Range properly any belt will last.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I would just give Ryan a call at RVs he's very happy to help. He will tell you everything you need to do the job. He also has a couple videos on the installation. 1 4 regular sportsman and one for an XP sportsman

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Here is his vid.
1 spring change in the secondary
1 spring and 3 weights in the primary

1 - 13 of 13 Posts