Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Quick back story, in January this year I got my bike stuck in some quick sand type mud and took forever to get it out. During this time I could not get the tires to spin due to the wet sand. While rocking it out I was working the throttle when I heard a pop in the rear end. Got it back to the house and it moved around for day or so then rear end locked up and has been sitting ever since.

Now for my question, what is the best practice for me here both time and money wise. Should I just break it down and rebuild it or is it better to just replace the whole differential. I have the know how to do the work just dont want to be wasting my time on a rebuild if dont have to since I have other issues to fix as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Farva thats what my plan basically is just wanted to see if anybody has any insight of the difficulty of a rebuild. I have found a few replacement difs for less than 300 so its not end of the world if I had to.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Are you sure you just didn't break an axle and it is now binding???

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know I thought of that at first but it seemed weird that it would lock up the whole thing if it was only one axle. Now I only did the basic checks to see it anything broke on them so its still a possibility. I honestly just have not had time since it went down to even begin on it so I am hoping within next few days I can get it broke all down and see what all I did to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts