Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to find a previous thread on the subject but I'm wanting to build a snorkel kit for my bike was just curious how hard of a job it is and the best materials to use to keep the water out

·
Registered
737 Posts
My 850 was the first bike I snorkeled so I bought a kit from triangle for the stealth setup. It took me a couple night s to do it. Don't forget about all of your diffs and tranny as well as the gas tank, and coolant overfill bottle. The kit was kinda spendy but for all of the stuff it came with I thought it was worth it to me. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
What years your 850, '12 and up have a diff airbox thats a real [email protected]#$ to work with, left side is intake, front has the ecu, and right has the coil pack and fuel pump. The older ones have the ecu on the left i believe, and intake going down, leaving more room. I gave up on the airbox, but did the cvt, diffs/case/coolant vents.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yeah in all reality I probably didn't have to do the air intake as it is pretty high. I don't think I have ever been in water deeper than the seat.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have a '12 850 and the triangle kit has a plate that goes on the air box that has two 1.5" outputs that use flexhose to go to the front of the bike. It wasn't cheap but for how professional it was, and the excellent instructions it was worth it. Also sealing up the air box is tough, because there are a ton of holes in it.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
The front of the airbox bypasses the filter though.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Not trying to hijack your snorkel thread but this maybe useful to you as well. I snorkeled my 850 xp an am still getting water in my belt box. So I tested it tonight. When I snorkeled it I pulled the clutches off and took the back cover off and sealed the back of the pvt cover to the tranny. I have done this twice. I filled it with clean tap water tonight and I am still getting leaks. I am wondering what other people are doing to get it to seal up good. Every time I have done it I clean both sides, apply the rtv silicone to one side wait about 5-10 minutes and then put it one.

Are you guys using something other than rtv, applying a very thick bead, thin bead... Kinda at a loss, looking for any tips thanks.

Cant wait for this riding season. water in my belt box so tonight I tested it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts