Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2016 today. I have been a dirt bike and snowmobile guy, this is my first ATV that I have bought.

What are you supposed to do with the gaping hole left from removing the rear seat? Is there a cover or box or something that can be had to fill the hole in? I was thinking the longer wheelbase of the Touring might not be a bad thing for 1 up riding even, but it would be nice to take the seat off sometimes.

·
Registered
765 Posts
i think polaris makes an accessory box that fits in the hole. I had a 2010 850 touring and I had one for mine. by the way nice machine!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I have found from my research (probably should have done that before buying it...) is that the '15 and '16 have a different seat design and that box you are talking about doesn't fit anymore. As far as I can tell there is nothing to put in the hole. But I may try to piece something together from the storage box that is under the 2 up seat. I'll buy another box and see how it works out. Open to any other ideas though.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I just figured out they changed the seat design on the newer ones, which is good, the seat on my 2010 flopped around a lot and didn't make the passenger feel very secure. good luck with finding a box to fill the seat void.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Someone here recently posted something about this, made a plywood cover or something like that.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just picked up a 2016 today. I have been a dirt bike and snowmobile guy, this is my first ATV that I have bought.

What are you supposed to do with the gaping hole left from removing the rear seat? Is there a cover or box or something that can be had to fill the hole in? I was thinking the longer wheelbase of the Touring might not be a bad thing for 1 up riding even, but it would be nice to take the seat off sometimes.

Here you go...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Leave the seat on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yes although if you could take it off you might be able to do some different things with the rear rack...

On another note, do those foot risers fit your 2015? The website would lead me to believe they don't fit the 2015 or 16.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Wow they removed the seat shock absorber from the new touring models. That sucks. That looks to be the same exact side as the storage box I have for my touring. I bet that box might fit with a few tweaks.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
On another note, do those foot risers fit your 2015? The website would lead me to believe they don't fit the 2015 or 16.
I have the 3 inch ones.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I am stunned that they don't have one for the new ones.. I too had on on my 2010 XP touring and loved that little box.. And as mentioned above, when it was on the rear rack was huge..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rear Seat

I'm also in the market to replace my rear seat. If you find any after market one please post!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wow that's strange I have two 2010 550 touring. one has the large Polaris lock and ride cargo box. the other has the small flat box it gives a large flat deck. I love the longer wheelbase of the touring machine stable and comfortable. It seems as though Polaris is putting more emphasis on its side by side accessories.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts