Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Wow that's strange I have two 2010 550 touring. one has the large Polaris lock and ride cargo box. the other has the small flat box it gives a large flat deck. I love the longer wheelbase of the touring machine stable and comfortable. It seems as though Polaris is putting more emphasis on its side by side accessories.
That was kind of my idea. I should have researched it more, as I thought there would be a way to not have the seat attached all the time. Should be able to figure something out but kind of annoyed with Polaris.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Polaris makes a cargo box specifically to replace the rear seat. It is a standard option on the limited edition model of the Sportsman Touring. I have one, but unable to take a photo at this time. An accessories search should allow you to find it.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Polaris makes a cargo box specifically to replace the rear seat. It is a standard option on the limited edition model of the Sportsman Touring. I have one, but unable to take a photo at this time. An accessories search should allow you to find it.
Can you post a photo? I'm looking for a solution as I really don't want to have the back seat on there unless need be.

Would I remove the seat suspension brackets, shock, etc. to install the cargo box (all that stuff rattles anyway)?

Any idea if your box is still available through Polaris? Lock-n-Ride?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks Madkcuda....I will keep that one in mind. Looks like you can carry some serious gear with that one.

But I was actually looking for a type that covers the opening but is level with the existing rack.

·
Registered
1 Posts
850 Touring Rear Seat Replacement Ideas

It has been over a year since the last post on this issue. I have the 2017 Touring 850 SP. I will use it for hunting. I want a nice cargo box on the back when I hunt, not the rear seat (or at least a large flat area for hauling the game). Has anybody come across any solutions yet? will a rear cargo box for non touring editions work (and not allow a bunch of mud coming up thru the hole?) I hate to think the only solution is a plywood plug.

·
Registered
1 Posts
850 Touring Rear Seat Replacement Ideas

It has been over a year since the last post on this issue. I have the 2017 Touring 850 SP. I will use it for hunting. I want a nice cargo box on the back when I hunt, not the rear seat (or at least a large flat area for hauling the game). Has anybody come across any solutions yet? will a rear cargo box for non touring editions work (and not allow a bunch of mud coming up thru the hole?) I hate to think the only solution is a plywood plug.
@kenab22, did you ever find a solution to plugging up the hole when hunting without the passenger seat?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts