Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we went out for a quick ride (56 miles) and when we got back I was disappointed to see the amount of mud that landed on the rear taillights.

I guess that I have been lucky to have the rear extended mud flaps on the Traxter XT and the Bayou 400.

So I decided that it needed to be fixed. A quick visit down to Canadian Tire and I had a set of plastic mudflaps with a nice reflector on them. I dug around and found some black Torx head screws with screw receivers.

I did some test fitting and spaced the mounting holes so that there is enough plastic around them to act as good anchors.

Here is one mounted up.

Here are both of the mudflaps mounted.

This will help to keep the taillights cleaner and still look OEM.

Now I am looking for a horn button, and a turn signal switch. :call:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
looks good and a good idea what I like there high enough there not gonna get caught on something when you go in reverse

·
Registered
650 Posts
Nice job!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks great!!! Nice idea... Hows the 850 been treating you? Àre you happy now that you got the 850 over the 550?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
850 XP mud flaps

I can get the flaps with 4x4, reflector of just black (no symbols or pictures).

I have not been able to ride it this winter because I also hurt my back last September and have been diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis and it is bad enough that I am off of work and waiting for Laminectomy surgery on a couple of vertebrae. :scared1:

I WANT TO BE OUT RIDING!! :racer:

I was able to get about 6 hours of riding time in last fall and the new Sportsman is so much more comfortable on my back compared to the Scrambler. I am hoping that the motor loosens up a lot more though as it seems only a small bit faster that the Scrambler. Not able to do wheelies yet either.

I am glad that I purchased the extra 6 months of warranty at time of purchase.

I was thinking of making up these mud flaps for people at cost plus $5 so that I can pay it forward. The flaps are $16.95 and I will need to find a supply of speed nuts. :sadwavey:

·
Registered
2019 Polaris 570 Touring SP
29 Posts
I have an 08 800 Touring..I love the look. I would be interested in buying a pair.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looks good. Nice job!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
850 -550 XP mudflaps

I have an 08 800 Touring..I love the look. I would be interested in buying a pair.
What kind of design on the flap would you like? Blank, red reflector or white 4X4 across the bottom?

·
Registered
2019 Polaris 570 Touring SP
29 Posts
I just looked at my touring model and it has a different fender flare than yours. Mine is straight across. Did you cut your flaps to fit your model?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just looked at my touring model and it has a different fender flare than yours. Mine is straight across. Did you cut your flaps to fit your model?
Yes I did. I then decided where to put the screw holes so that mud flap had proper support to mold around the curvature of the fender.

·
Registered
877 Posts
i forgot about this thread
i also put some mud flaps on
i just bought some truck mud flaps and cut them how i wanted them drilled some holes and then heated the middle and bent them away from the tires
they dont look as good but they do what i need them to

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Sorry MK - - that is one "sick" looking pic of the XP wrapped in mud! :)

·
Registered
877 Posts
ya i was swamp riding and almost got stuck right at the end so everything got covered and my tires disappeared when i creeped up out of it

·
Registered
494 Posts
Papa, how about posting the info from the box, manufacturer, model #, Part #, etc.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Good idea & great job of the installation.
I actually had to go check my `07 Stealth 800 out.

I may have an easier job with an installation of flaps
as the `07 has a little more meat below the tail light.

I wonder though, do you think with the flaps there could
be excessive build up of mud underneath & around the
tail light plug connections?

·
Registered
877 Posts
I wonder though, do you think with the flaps there could
be excessive build up of mud underneath & around the
tail light plug connections?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts