Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I have a 2012 Sportsman 850XP. I lost drive without any warning. Found out that input shaft had broke down.:sad I would like to find out a reason before I install new shaft and rebuild transmission. Could it be a problem with drive coupler spring damper? It is a bit loose but I cant find any information how it shoul be. If anyone here has heard about similar problem, I would be thankful for any advice :smile

Picture also here:
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AiKwU6Qs3uWftVsYJFGu7Shdyanl

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just broke my input shaft on my 2016 scrambler 1000. My damper have a lot of wear. I think my damper is broken.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey

I have a 2012 Sportsman 850XP. I lost drive without any warning. Found out that input shaft had broke down.:sad I would like to find out a reason before I install new shaft and rebuild transmission. Could it be a problem with drive coupler spring damper? It is a bit loose but I cant find any information how it shoul be. If anyone here has heard about similar problem, I would be thankful for any advice :smile
Did you figure out why. I have broke my input twice and was thinking it was the damper spring.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
I think it may have something to do with your right thumb, and a spinning wheel that suddenly hooks up and gets solid traction. That shock load has to be absorbed somewhere.....

Not trying to bust your chops, I just know quite a bit about shock load forces, and failures. Looking at your picture that's shock load failure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts