Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my boys 06 sportsman 90 came out with drum brakes front and rear he rides hard and rears are always worn out even with daily adjustment trying to make them last longer. does anyone know of a good rear disc brake conversion kit or a good donor quad that might supply the parts needed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no luck yet. thought about bearing carrier and all from a yamaha such as a warrior for all parts if chain happened to be on right side but axle would be to wide. 1 thing i have found to help is about once a month pull the rear drum and scuff it and the shoes and then readjust and seems to help. it is dirty every time i clean it.still searching i may stumble accross something yet. did upgrade the cheesy slack adjuster on chain replaced it with a roller with bearing and built solid bracket to hold it. if he keeps growing i may trade for a 250 ex or yamaha 250 yzf or whatever the 250 is called.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Talked to Gerrry @ kaseaparts.com yesterday. He has a kit for disk brake in the rear that he thinks will fit for $200. I should have part #'s from a co. in CT. today. A $300. kit that will fit, all bolt on. I'll post info. when I recieve it. I'm considering the $800. kit. All bolt on front and rear. Just can't find the website again. I have two more kids that will be riding this machine, when the oldest gets too big, so I feel it's a worth wile investment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts