Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glad I found this thread. I just bought a 2004 polaris sportsman 90 for my son. I could use help trying to isolate a random no spark condition. The bike looks like it may have an incorrect coil on it...not OEM for sure. Could use the manual as well. Any help would be appreciated. Email is [email protected]

·
Registered
11,880 Posts
Sent the manual

The little Chinese made 90's are simple to fix and it seems that whenever there is a spark issue the coil is the first thing to be changed and it's the last thing to go bad.

The hard thing to understand is the Chinese engineering of the electrical system. Wire function by color is not standard by any means and they connect/break both the power and neutral wires with the key switch. Lose either one and lose spark.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure if anyone still responds to this? I could use a manual also, trying to get electric start working on 03 sportsman 90 cc. Everything else works I just dont want to have to kick start it every time for the kids. TIA

·
Registered
11,880 Posts
Not sure if anyone still responds to this? I could use a manual also, trying to get electric start working on 03 sportsman 90 cc. Everything else works I just dont want to have to kick start it every time for the kids. TIA
Sent it

21 - 29 of 29 Posts