Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is what I have but need options on material & pricing.

I will only produce one or the other

Aluminum with hardware $70 shipped

Steel powder coated w hardware $60 shipped

Thoughts??

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
My vote is for steel.

I'd like one of your muffler hanger brackets if you're up for making another one. Remember mine broke when I flipped my Scrambler in turn one of it's first race. I rigged one out of steel strap, but sure would like one of yours.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My vote is for steel.

I'd like one of your muffler hanger brackets if you're up for making another one. Remember mine broke when I flipped my Scrambler in turn one of it's first race. I rigged one out of steel strap, but sure would like one of yours.
I can make you one but it be one off item not production parts like the pegs.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Aluminum pegs will show wear much faster that steel.

Rick, I'd like one, mine seems to be holding up fine, whenever you get to it is good for me. I know you're busy finishing out the GNCC season.

I'm thinking of making the drive to the Ironman, you planning on making that one? Haven't convinced myself to spend that much money on diesel yet, but am thinking about going.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Having used rox grip strips on my sled, a similar product, I say steel as well. I had my strips powder coated and after 2 seasons, 1/2 of them are peeling/rubbed through.
Steel for price and durability.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Another vote for steel as well...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Go with the one that is more durable, I'd like a set for my machine!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ could you posta pic? not sure if these will also fit the touring modles. I knwo when i ride without the wife on the back, i can get agressive, and these would be nice!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^ could you posta pic? not sure if these will also fit the touring modles. I knwo when i ride without the wife on the back, i can get agressive, and these would be nice!
Yes they fit the touring models main pegs. I forgot to check the passanger pegs tho which I can stop by my local dealer and see..

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Probably won't fix the passenger pegs, they aren't as wide, but I'm not looking for them on the pass pegs. I don't ride too aggressive with her on the back

·
Premium Member
10,341 Posts
would these fit a 2011 sportsman 800?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just got mine in the mail, nice looking piece. Thanks Rick!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Rick,

Any issues with install under full Ricochet install? I can definitely see value in snow/ice conditions.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts